file Mixing HTR-7000 and 8000

• Samwise's Avatar Offline school
    • Thank you received: 10
  • arrow_drop_downMore arrow_drop_upLess
Samwise Posted 2 weeks 3 days ago
I installed four HTR-7000s as top fronts and top backs and also bought two HTR-8000s thinking I was going to install them in my kitchen, but that may not be happening and I have hearing good things from people with 6 Atmos speakers. Is it OK to mix in the 8000s with the 7000s and if I do would it be best to put the 8000s in the top middle or somewhere else? Also, if my ceiling is 7'10" where is the optimal placement for three rows of Atmos speakers in front of and behind the MLP? Is it best to keep them as wide as the floor standing speakers?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Samwise Posted 1 week 3 days ago
Anyone with any thoughts on this? Moderator could you help me out? Thanks in advance!

• Moderator's Avatar Offline
    • Thank you received: 3416
Moderator Posted 1 week 2 days ago
Hi Samwise, First, it is quite acceptable to mix and match the Invisa HTR8000s and Invisa HTR7000s as your Atmos speakers. These two models are considered tonally balanced or timbre matched. Overall, the Invisa HTR8000s produce more bass and sound fuller and richer in the lower midrange tones when compared to the Invisa HTR7000s. When setting up your Atmos speakers, ideally, you'd want the Invisa HTR8000s in the location (or position) where they'd receive the most information. In theory, this would normally be considered the front Atmos speakers - however, whether the Invisa HTR8000s were to used as the front, rear, or center Atmos speakers would not have a great difference in the sound quality of your system.

Next, since the Invisa HTR7000s and Invisa HTR8000s play at a 30 degree angle from the floor, they work better when placed a bit further away from the main listening position than conventional downward firing in-ceiling speakers. With this in mind, I would recommend placing the front and rear Atmos speakers approximately 4 feet (or so) in front of (and behind) the main listening position. I would then recommend placing the "middle Atmos speakers" directly to the left and right of your main listening position. Placing the front, rear, and middle/central Atmos speakers roughly the same distance apart as you main speakers (or maybe a bit closer together) normally works well. I presume this would place them roughly 10 feet apart from each other. When mounting these in-ceiling speakers, you can rotate them so they're directed toward (or directly facing) the main listening position. Happy Listening!

Samwise Posted 1 week 2 days ago
Thank you so much!

Moderators: Moderator
menu
close
Menu
person_outline
arrow_back
You are here: Home Forum Support Invisa Series Mixing HTR-7000 and 8000