file Are Triton 2+ high passed?

• mmbongo's Avatar Offline school
    • Thank you received: 0
  • arrow_drop_downMore arrow_drop_upLess
mmbongo Posted 2 weeks 3 days ago
Hello all!

I have Triton Two+ speakers, absolutely love them.

Right now I'm simply running speaker wires for full range. However I am getting a Parasound Halo Hint 6 amp, and it has low level subwoofer outputs that can be low passed, or not. So I will be experimenting with using just speaker wires and using the preamp outputs separately to the sub sections.

Here is my question...are the mid/high sections of the Triton Two+ high passed with passive crossovers? In other words, if I send a full range signal to them without the subs, will the mids/tweets see a full range signal or a high passed signal? I assume it is high passed since they don't know whether subs are connected or not but I just want to make sure.

I can send them a high passed signal from my amp, but would rather send full range. But I don't want to send full range unless they have high pass crossovers built in.

Thank you!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Moderator's Avatar Offline
    • Thank you received: 3416
Moderator Posted 1 week 6 days ago
Hi mmbongo, The Triton Two+ towers are high passed. The midranges in these towers will only play down to (approximately) 150hz - even when the towers are sent a full range signal. Experimenting with the subwoofer output on your Parasound amplifier (vs. the speaker wire only connection) seems like a good idea. Happy Listening!

• mmbongo's Avatar Offline school
    • Thank you received: 0
mmbongo Posted 1 week 5 days ago
Great info, thank you!

Moderators: Moderator
menu
close
Menu
person_outline
arrow_back
You are here: Home Forum Clubhouse Show Off Your GoldenEar System Are Triton 2+ high passed?