file Supersub XL vs XXL

• kufan4life's Avatar Offline school
    • Thank you received: 1
  • arrow_drop_downMore arrow_drop_upLess
kufan4life Posted 2 years 3 months ago
Hello people, Ive been considering upgrading from a pair of XL subs located behind MLP to the XXL's. The XL's are LFE linked to a pair of Trefs. I would be doing this mainly for wanting more impact during movies. Is the jump from dual 8" drivers to 12" worth the cost? I really like the small footprint that these subs have as I do not wish to add filing cabinet sized subs to my room. Has anyone done this upqrade? Thanks

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Moderator's Avatar Offline
    • Thank you received: 3416
Moderator Posted 2 years 3 months ago
Hi kufan4life, The SuperSub XXL subwoofers would produce a substantial improvement with the bass impact/bass output heard from your system. These subwoofers can play lower in frequency, and (if desired), they can play quite a bit louder. However, even at a moderate listening volumes, you'll hear a fuller, richer bass response as well as a sense authority from the SuperSub XXLs. The bass produced by the SuperSub XXLs is still quite articulate and detailed. In short, the SuperSub XXLs are musical sounding subwoofers that pack quite a bit of punch. Happy Listening!

• lmclacr's Avatar Offline
lmclacr Posted 1 year 8 months ago
Great info. Thank you.
Is one supersub XXL matching with triton 2+ do the job are always better in pair?
Room is about 15x15with 11'ceiling

Moderator Posted 1 year 8 months ago
Hi Imclacr, Using two subwoofers would normally produce an even bass response in your listening room - and blend well with your main speakers. However, since your listening room is moderate in size, and your main speakers already have built-in powered subwoofers, I suspect one SuperSub XXL subwoofer would work quite well. You might try adding a single SuperSub XXL subwoofer and see (or hear) what you think. If you'd like, you could always add a second subwoofer down the road. Happy Listening!

• lmclacr's Avatar Offline
lmclacr Posted 1 year 8 months ago
Thanks for sharing.
Allow me to ask 2 follow up questions.

Is mixing one XXL with an XL supersub in a medium size room a good marriage?

Also, I noticed in previous post that Moderators praise the XXL musicality and tones. Based on my setup, would you still recommend me to go straight first with one XXL and then see or go instead directly with two XL? Note that my front will be the Triton 2+ (not planning to use the LFE in)

Again thank you
You guys rock

Moderator Posted 1 year 8 months ago
Hi Imclacr, When adding dual subwoofers to your system, it's preferable to use two identical subwoofers. If the choice becomes adding one SuperSub XXL subwoofer or two SuperSub X subwoofers, I'd recommend using two SuperSub X subwoofers. Two separate subwoofers normally integrate and blend with your main speakers better than one subwoofer. Happy Listening!

Moderators: Moderator
menu
close
Menu
person_outline
arrow_back
You are here: Home Forum Support SuperSub Series Supersub XL vs XXL