file How can I make my T-2's mix/w old speakers?

• alparkranger's Avatar Offline school
    • Thank you received: 8
  • arrow_drop_downMore arrow_drop_upLess
alparkranger Posted 12 years 5 months ago
I have 1 Paradigm CC-150, a pair of Mini-Monitors, a pair of Atoms and a Paradigm PSW-2200 12" Sub.

Sub? No Sub? Obviously, the Terminators (T-2, get it?) are odd men out. Should I Phantom them and drop the CC-150 for center channel? I could place an Atom sidewards for a Center Channel? I could, for serious listening, put anything on a stand for a Center Channel. What about surrounds. I assume the Mini's are the better match due to size of drivers.

What should be my settings in the AVR-4310?

I know, a lot of questions. Anything would be appreciated.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Moderator's Avatar Offline
    • Thank you received: 3418
Moderator Posted 12 years 5 months ago
The speakers you have are a great match for each other and certainly represent what was excellent performance for the money ten years ago. I would suggest replacing it all with a matching TritonCinema Two system, or keeping what you have. You will not be happy with a mix and match.

• Visitor
  • Visitor
Caventer Posted 12 years 5 months ago
I agree with the moderator, but if it's a budget issue, the most important one to replace would be the center speaker. The 50C would be the perfect match for your Tritons. You really won't need the PW 2200 anymore, and the minis will work okay for the rear. Once again, Aons or 50s would be the preferred rear speakers.

The perfect blending of voice match speakers throughout the room can not be overstated! This transforms your room from a surround sound system to a true home theater!

The good thing with your Paradigm speakers is that they still have value on the market. You'll spend a bit more than what you'll get out of the speakers, but in the end you'll be much happier.

Sincerely,

Scott

• alparkranger's Avatar Offline school
    • Thank you received: 8
alparkranger Posted 12 years 5 months ago
Would you go Phantom for the center, or keep the CC-150 till I can but a 50C?

• Visitor
  • Visitor
Caventer Posted 12 years 5 months ago
Here's what I would do. First since you already own the CC 50, I'd try hooking up to see how it sounds. You really have nothing to lose! I remember nearly 18 years ago I was at a THX class and the teacher said something I thought was very profound." Everything you hear in the movie is fake." What he meant was that all music and all voices are dubbed over in postproduction so you never actually hear a live performance in the movie. Contrast this with music, where you are trying to reproduce an original, and you can see why even cheap surround systems give you somewhat of an illusion that you are there.

One more thing I would try would be to use a single Atom as the center channel. Be sure to leave in its vertical orientation as those speakers don't sound very good laying on their side.

Good luck!

Scott

P. S.: Since you already have a complete Paradigm speaker package you might want to think about selling it as a complete system, you'll probably get more for it.

Moderators: Moderator
menu
close
Menu
person_outline
arrow_back
You are here: Home Forum Support Triton Series Triton Towers How can I make my T-2's mix/w old speakers?