file Triton Three in small room

• spacelab's Avatar Offline school
    • Thank you received: 0
  • arrow_drop_downMore arrow_drop_upLess
spacelab Posted 11 years 4 weeks ago
Hello,

how Triton Three works in a small studio/room ( 4.5m wide x 3m long x 2.4m high) ?

Thank you.
spacelab

Fresh Boarder

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• WayneWilmeth's Avatar Offline
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
    • Thank you received: 7040
WayneWilmeth Posted 11 years 4 weeks ago
Hi Spacelab,
I think you will love the Triton 3s in that size room. That is not so small. You could even put Triton 2s in that room. But you would probably have to dial down the bass. That is an advantage of the powered subwoofers in the Tritons, you can set the amount of bass that is right for your room.
I think you should get great sound and wonderful imaging, soundstage in that room as long as there are not a lot of other things in the room, or an open wall somewhere. If there is, you might have to use some sort of room sound treatment or equalization.
Go for it, I am SURE you will be happy with these speakers!!!!!
Enjoy, Wayne
God bless the child that's got his own.
The following user(s) said Thank You: spacelab

• anthem's Avatar Offline
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
    • Thank you received: 9175
anthem Posted 11 years 4 weeks ago
spacelab:

Ditto what Wayne said...go for it, I am SURE you will be happy with these speakers. :)
D-Sonic m3a-600m Mono > McIntosh MC152 > Primaluna ProLogue Premium Preamp > Oppo UDP205 > Decware ZLC > Triton Reference > Isoacoustics Gaia 2 > Canare 4S11 Speaker Cables > Audience Forte 3, Anticable L3 & Shunyata Venom PC's

Every great performance deserves an Audience!
The following user(s) said Thank You: WayneWilmeth, spacelab

• spacelab's Avatar Offline school
    • Thank you received: 0
spacelab Posted 11 years 4 weeks ago
Last edit: 11 years 4 weeks ago by spacelab. info_outline
Thank you Wayne, I hope you are not GE agent (just kidding). I didn't decided yet which model of GE speakers will buy, should I take 3 or 7 ?

Can you compare sound of Triton 3 or 7 with Monitor Audio RX8 ?

Happy listening

• WayneWilmeth's Avatar Offline
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
    • Thank you received: 7040
WayneWilmeth Posted 11 years 4 weeks ago
Hi Spacelab,
Ha ha, NO, I am not a GE agent, but it would be nice. Would save me some money, I bought a pair of Triton 2s and a pair of Triton 3s.
I have not heard the Monitor Audios, nor the Triton 7s. The Triton 7s sound like they would be great, I have heard the Aons and they are awesome for their size.
So that makes me think the Triton 7s will be great too. But my philosophy is to get the most speaker you can. And then I think you will hardly ever regret it. Because rooms change over the years, you could easily move your system to a different room, or move to a new house. But great speakers are an investment for MANY years, maybe for life.
So, my humble opinion is the Triton 2s, or the Triton 3s. IF they should play a little loud for your room, turn down the volume. BUT if they are a little small for your room, turning them up with possibly cause distortion, maybe not the speakers but maybe other places in your system.
That is just my opinion, and hey, take it with a big grain of salt, I am a bass nut, so that might be why I like the bigger speakers.
But you can't go wrong with GoldenEars, because they all have a family sound, probably from the folded ribbon and the mid-range speakers, they just all sound like the real thing--music!!!!
Enjoy whichever way you go.
Wayne
God bless the child that's got his own.
The following user(s) said Thank You: spacelab, incidentflux

Moderators: Moderator
menu
close
Menu
person_outline
arrow_back
You are here: Home Forum Support Triton Series Triton Towers Triton Three in small room