file Breaking in My new Triton two plus

• Jason R Perryman's Avatar Offline school
    • Thank you received: 16
  • arrow_drop_downMore arrow_drop_upLess
Jason R Perryman Posted 7 years 11 months ago
2nd day breaking in my Triton 2 Plus, just after the first day I did notice the speakers start to open up.
Lystening to a few movies the bass did surprise me coming from these slim speakers, a few of the bass punches from made the room shake! Coming from a pair of Polk Audios RTIA 1's bookshelf speakers it is quite dramatic, I also had a large cheap bass speaker that shook over just about everything lol... The bass is tight and just when its need, but not rumbly....

Have the speakers running 24 hours a day on a Best of John Williams CD, any suggestions?
I keep going outside to make sure I"m not nothing my neighbors with whats escaping through my windows...

Two weeks to go! Also waiting my Center channel XL to come in, can't wait to try it with a few movies...

Triton 2 Plus
Super Center XL
Emotiva XPA-2
Emotiva XMC-1
Emotiva Mini X- to power the center until I can upgrade on a 2nd XPA, to add additional channels... little does my wife know ;o/
Attachments:
The following user(s) said Thank You: WayneWilmeth, rjohn79395, T Cobe

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• WayneWilmeth's Avatar Offline
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
    • Thank you received: 7040
WayneWilmeth Posted 7 years 11 months ago
Sweet system Jason, well done!!!!
Just a suggestion, is there any way you can pull the speakers out from the walls any, back and sides?
That would really make them open up more. Especially give some room for all the bass to get going.
Great equipment you have put together.
IF you can pull the speakers out, be sure and run DIRAC on the XMC-1 again.
Let us know how things come along and happy listening.
God Bless, Wayne
God bless the child that's got his own.
The following user(s) said Thank You: rjohn79395, T Cobe

• GDHAL's Avatar Offline
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
    • Thank you received: 879
GDHAL Posted 7 years 11 months ago
Hi Jason. Best of luck with your new T2+ and welcome to the forum. I took a look at the photo you've attached to your post. It does make providing more accurate suggestions possible. Because you've asked, my only suggestion is that if at all possible, try to not "sandwich" the speakers between the wall and cabinet. They do have side passive radiators and need some "breathing room". The more the better. If the cabinet you are using is not essential from an audio/video perspective, it looks as though your components could fit on a single column A/V rack. It would likely "open things up" quite a bit. Just 6 inches or more either side of each speaker could do wonders for the bass. Sorry that I haven't provided any links to the type of rack I'm speaking of, but a simple google will produce many options. I'm sure some others on the forum will chime in as well.
Golden Ear Triton Reference (pair), Musical Fidelity M6si, Schiit Yggdrasil-OG-B, Oppo UDP-205, Emotiva ERC-3, LG OLED65C9PUA, Salamander Synergy Triple Unit SL20, Audeze LCD-X, GIK acoustic paneling
halr.x10.mx/TritonReference.htm ; halr.x10.mx/other.html

• rjohn79395's Avatar Offline
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • rjohn79395
    • Thank you received: 4322
rjohn79395 Posted 7 years 11 months ago

Jason R Perryman wrote: 2nd day breaking in my Triton 2 Plus, just after the first day I did notice the speakers start to open up.
Lystening to a few movies the bass did surprise me coming from these slim speakers, a few of the bass punches from made the room shake! Coming from a pair of Polk Audios RTIA 1's bookshelf speakers it is quite dramatic, I also had a large cheap bass speaker that shook over just about everything lol... The bass is tight and just when its need, but not rumbly....

Have the speakers running 24 hours a day on a Best of John Williams CD, any suggestions?
I keep going outside to make sure I"m not nothing my neighbors with whats escaping through my windows...

Two weeks to go! Also waiting my Center channel XL to come in, can't wait to try it with a few movies...

Triton 2 Plus
Super Center XL
Emotiva XPA-2
Emotiva XMC-1
Emotiva Mini X- to power the center until I can upgrade on a 2nd XPA, to add additional channels... little does my wife know ;o/

Hey, Jason, welcome to the world of gorgeous GEt sound!

Re breaking in, any audio source that has the full range of frequencies, so all components get a "workout", including drivers, should work just fine.

Nice equipment!!

Just a suggestion for something to try: could you move the T2+'s a little further out from the walls and corners, and toe them in some toward your listening position to see what that does for sound quality and imaging? Every room is different, and some experimenting with speaker positioning is worth trying in any new set-up.

You're on your way to great listening experiences! Enjoy your great new speakers!

Rick
5.4.4 HT speakers: T Ref fronts/LFE 1, SuperCenter Ref, T1 surrounds/LFE 2 + SuperSub XXL, HTR 7000 top fronts, HTR 8000 top rears
Zone 2 speakers; 2 Invisa 525's
AVR: Marantz SR 8015
Amp: AT525NC 5 channel
Cable/TiVo, OPPO BDP 105D, Bluesound Node 2i, Apple tv 4K streamer
48" SONY 4K OLED TV
The following user(s) said Thank You: WayneWilmeth, T Cobe

• Jason R Perryman's Avatar Offline school
    • Thank you received: 16
Jason R Perryman Posted 7 years 11 months ago
Thank you! Great tips, they do sound much better pulled from the wall, I also angled them in slightly more....
I will try to use dirak and see what does as well... will this make much of a sound difference.. I did not quite get what Dirak does exactly..., I was going to wait until the center channel comes in...... I innitaly slid them in there for the first impression spousal approval lol!

Would it be better for sound quality to just have a smaller rack for the AV equipment?

This is a temporary location until I can move them to our larger room maybe 3x the size, and its a Amphitheater shaped room as well... I can't wait to put them in there...

just waiting to get permission to move the entertainment area into this other room, :o) She did say that they looked nice!! score!

This will be the room I will move them to..... I think it will sound much better in there...
Attachments:

• eiffel62's Avatar Offline
    • Thank you received: 133
eiffel62 Posted 7 years 11 months ago

Jason R Perryman wrote: I did not quite get what Dirac does exactly

Hi Jason, welcome to GEt forums! You can always go to Dirac's website but I think this older article explains room correction.

Perhaps a different perspective might help. If you have ever worn active noise cancellation headphones, you probably know those use microphones and some electronics that direct the headphone speakers to cancel out the outside noise so you can hear your music better. The speakers produce sound waves that are 180 degrees out of phase with the interfering (outside noise) waves to accomplish this feat.

In a similar manner, speakers and especially subwoofers, in enclosed rooms reflect sound waves off of walls, windows, and anything else in the room. Dirac uses multiple microphone measurements to analyze both the direct and reflected sound waves. Dirac software tells the XMC-1, I have one as well, to make adjustments to correct for the problem sound waves. The goal is to provide a more accurate, direct sound without ringing, drops in frequencies due to standing waves, etc.
Spkrs: GE Triton One L/R, GE SCXXL Center, GE Triton 2+ Surrs, DCM TF600 Rears
Pre pro: Emotiva XMC-1, PS Audio NuWave Phono Converter
Amps: Emotiva Gen3(2) 3-Chan LCR, 4-Chan Surr&Rears
Sources: Oppo BDP-105, ClearAudio Concept TT with MM Cartridge
Display: Vizio SmartCast P55-C1 Ultra HD HDR LCD
The following user(s) said Thank You: WayneWilmeth, rjohn79395

Moderators: Moderator
menu
close
Menu
person_outline
arrow_back
You are here: Home Forum Clubhouse Show Off Your GoldenEar System Breaking in My new Triton two plus