file I now have my Triton Fives!!!

• imahawki's Avatar Offline
  • Elite Member
  • Elite Member
    • Thank you received: 578
  • arrow_drop_downMore arrow_drop_upLess
imahawki Posted 8 years 11 months ago
Last edit: 8 years 8 months ago by Moderator. info_outline

steveo5200 wrote: No issue that i`ve heard ,the sound is quite nice!!! :)

Thanks for following up. I'm executing some eBay sales right now with the goal of pulling the trigger on a Triton 2, SCXL, and Aon 2 surround setup.
The following user(s) said Thank You: WayneWilmeth

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Jim Patterson's Avatar Offline
    • Thank you received: 11
Jim Patterson Posted 8 years 8 months ago
Last edit: 8 years 8 months ago by Moderator. info_outline
Just got my Triton Fives and I absolutely love them!! I put them in my new media room along with a Forcefield Five subwoofer.
My receiver is a Marantz SR5010 (100watt/channel).

These are power hungry speakers for sure. I'm considering getting a Marantz MM7025 pre-amp (140watt 2 channel) for the T5's.
Looking for advise or recommendations. Will this be a good compliment to my system?

PS. These speakers rock....
The following user(s) said Thank You: Moderator, WayneWilmeth, rjohn79395, T Cobe

• WayneWilmeth's Avatar Offline
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
    • Thank you received: 7040
WayneWilmeth Posted 8 years 8 months ago
Hi Jim Patterson,
Welcome to the forum!
You have got yourself some amazing speakers, sir!!!!
And they will reward you with having the best input signal, amplification and all that you can give them.
And if they are like my Tritons they do indeed like to play loud!
There are LOTS of great amp options for your system. Probably the guys here will give you some of their
favorites. But your ears are the only ones that can tell you what you like, so I recommend getting out and
listening to as many quality options that fit your budget as possible.
And whatever you decide, please let us know what you decide and how it works out for you?
Have fun with the hunt, it is all about the music and movies,
God Bless,
Wayne
God bless the child that's got his own.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Moderator, T Cobe, Jim Patterson

• steveo5200's Avatar Offline school
    • Thank you received: 15
steveo5200 Posted 8 years 8 months ago
That`s great about your Triton 5`s ,they are amazing & do Rock! I was running mine with an older 2003 Marantz 8400 110 w/ch.
I just recently bought the Emotiva XPA 5 it`s there 5 channel amp 200 watts per channel, the thing is a beast.
I am using the 8400 as a preamp for now until I get a new one.
Trying to decide if I want to go the Atmos & DTS X way or not! When I added the amp to my receiver there was definitely a difference, to me the vocals was even more pronounced, & there seem to be more detail , It was just a better sound.
You should check out the Emotiva XPA 2 if your running 2 channel, 300 watts per channel $ 719 shipped nice amp! do some research on them see if what you want.
Happy listening, let me know what you decide.
Enjoy your 5`s
Thanks Steve
The following user(s) said Thank You: WayneWilmeth, rjohn79395, T Cobe, Jim Patterson

• T Cobe's Avatar Offline
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
    • Thank you received: 4381
T Cobe Posted 8 years 8 months ago
Jim,

Welcome to the forum and congrats on a great selection! The T5s are great speakers. Regarding the Marantz 2-channel amp, I'm not sure how much of a bump that model would give you over your 5010. Are you looking for a little more power for music or home theater? If it's for music, I doubt you'll get too much more out of an extra 40 watts but I have never listened to that amp first hand. Your best bet would be to audition the amp for yourself to see if the premium makes a big enough difference.

The same $800 (MSRP) could buy several other amplifiers that may give you a little more gusto. Normally, I would say 100 watts would give you more than enough power for such an efficient speaker but if you are craving a bit more, I'd recommend listening to Emotiva. The XPA-2 would give you more than enough power. If you are using everything for a home theater, you could even step up to the XPA-5 and power most of your speakers for the same $800. Just a suggestion based on my experience.

emotiva.com/products/amplifiers/xpa-2

There are several other options out there. Shop around and audition as many options as you can. Your ears will be you best advisor. Let us know how you get on. Happy listening!

Cheers,

T Cobe
Speakers: Triton One L/R, SCXL, Aon 3 Surr/Back, HTR-7000 Height
Pre/Pro/AVR: Anthem AVM 60, Emotiva XSP-1
Amps: Emotiva XPA-5(2), Emotiva XPA-1L (2)
Sources: Oppo BDP-103D, Emotiva ERC-3, PS4, Pioneer PLX-1000 w/Ortofon 2M Bronze
Display: Epson 6030 UB, Elite Screens 110" Sable
The following user(s) said Thank You: WayneWilmeth, rjohn79395, Jim Patterson

• Jim Patterson's Avatar Offline
    • Thank you received: 11
Jim Patterson Posted 8 years 8 months ago
Just want to thank everyone for their advice and recommendations. You guys make some very good points. An extra 40 watts might not make a huge difference and there are a lot of choices out there in the $800 range. But it does seem that everyone agrees that a good preamp will brighten the sound in the room and that's what I'm looking for.

I'll start auditioning some of the preamps out there and I'll come back once I make a decision. Again, many thanks for your quick response with this.
The following user(s) said Thank You: WayneWilmeth, T Cobe

Moderators: Moderator
menu
close
Menu
person_outline
arrow_back
You are here: Home Forum Clubhouse Show Off Your GoldenEar System I now have my Triton Fives!!!