file I have the Triton 1s!!!

• Moderator's Avatar Offline
    • Thank you received: 3418
  • arrow_drop_downMore arrow_drop_upLess
Moderator Posted 10 years 3 weeks ago
Last edit: 10 years 3 weeks ago by Moderator. info_outline
Doing some research , here's an excerpt from an article dated Aug 22 (TODAY) that explains things a bit, but paints a pretty bleak picture:

VANCOUVER, B.C. -- Trucks have started moving again at the Port of Vancouver, but the backlog of shipping containers remains sitting on the docks as truckers fail to take advantage of extended operating hours, the Vancouver Port Authority is saying.

According to reports from the port's container terminals, more than 1,000 reservations were booked at Deltaport last Saturday, but only 400 transactions were completed. Similarly low Saturday volumes were also reported at the port's other two terminals, and on Monday and Tuesday afternoon, the proportion of completed reservations was even lower, the port says in a release.

The strike effectively ended last week, when the VPA implemented an interim licence provision that requires the carriers to attain licences to pick up or drop off cargo containers within the port. By accepting the provision, carriers have also been forced to accept a two-year contract proposed for the 1,200 independent truckers that went on strike in late June. A majority of carriers reluctantly agreed and trucks have been slowly trickling back to the port since.

However, according to the VPA, many drivers still haven't gone back to work. Furthermore, the port's container terminals want to open on Saturday to expedite the removal of stacked shipping containers, but need assurance that the trucks will be there.

Here's the link: www.shipnorthamerica.com/htmfiles/news/news_story_081505.html
The following user(s) said Thank You: WayneWilmeth

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• anthem's Avatar Offline
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
    • Thank you received: 9175
anthem Posted 10 years 2 weeks ago
Moderator: how about you...a pair of Triton 1's for you and the Mrs.?
D-Sonic m3a-600m Mono > McIntosh MC152 > Primaluna ProLogue Premium Preamp > Oppo UDP205 > Decware ZLC > Triton Reference > Isoacoustics Gaia 2 > Canare 4S11 Speaker Cables > Audience Forte 3, Anticable L3 & Shunyata Venom PC's

Every great performance deserves an Audience!
The following user(s) said Thank You: WayneWilmeth

• Moderator's Avatar Offline
    • Thank you received: 3418
Moderator Posted 10 years 2 weeks ago
Absolutely, I wanted a pair out of the first batch (my order was in since January). Sandy says I have to wait until all dealer and customer orders are filled. At this rate it will be sometime next year before I can have a pair. :(

Fortunately, I REALLY love the sound of my Triton Two music system, so I can easily suffer in silence.
The following user(s) said Thank You: WayneWilmeth, anthem

• Winefix's Avatar Offline
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
    • Thank you received: 70
Winefix Posted 10 years 2 weeks ago
That's a long time to wait, but maybe a new model will be announced at CES in January
What's on the drawing board? Triton 0 !!

72" tall with 2500 watt amp, 5 subwoofers, 6 passive radiators, 4 mid range drivers and two tweeters ??

Don't know how GE can improve the sound, getting to the point of splitting hairs now !!
Good times, good wine, and great music !!

• georgemrvossr's Avatar Offline
    • Thank you received: 11
georgemrvossr Posted 9 years 8 months ago
How about a folded ribbon midrange for the Triton Reference?

Moderators: Moderator
menu
close
Menu
person_outline
arrow_back
You are here: Home Forum Clubhouse Show Off Your GoldenEar System I have the Triton 1s!!!