• Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • rjohn79395
    • Thank you received: 4322
  • arrow_drop_downMore arrow_drop_upLess
rjohn79395 Posted 7 years 2 weeks ago
Last edit: 7 years 2 weeks ago by rjohn79395. info_outline
Hey, Wayne

We'll be flying. It's over 2,000 miles each way, 4 days worth of driving, so we fly.

I haven't decided on what music to use for testing yet. It will be something familiar, with lots of dynamics, detail and bass.

Current plan is drive to the audio store first thing that morning, listen to the test piece on their TR setup, then come right back home with one of them and new TR's, amp and IC's in tow, play the piece again on my current setup, replace the current 2 channel amp with the new 5 channel amp, play it again to hear differences, then install the TR's and play again. The current Kimber Tonik IC will move with the T1's to the surround position in the new setup and the new IC's will be for the TR's and SCXXL.

From there I'll be doing fine tuning and lots of revisiting of music and Blu-rays! I'll be trying both 2 channel and surround to hear what both the TR's, and T1's as the new surrounds, do for adding to the experience. And paying some attention to how the SCXXL does with it's newfound amp support, and how the 5 channel amp does vs the 2 channel. Lots of variables. It will be more about the total experience I guess than being able to quantify each and every nuance of the changes!

Thanks for the suggestion, I'll be sure to relieve myself first! :P

Rick
5.4.4 HT speakers: T Ref fronts/LFE 1, SuperCenter Ref, T1 surrounds/LFE 2 + SuperSub XXL, HTR 7000 top fronts, HTR 8000 top rears
Zone 2 speakers; 2 Invisa 525's
AVR: Marantz SR 8015
Amp: AT525NC 5 channel
Cable/TiVo, OPPO BDP 105D, Bluesound Node 2i, Apple tv 4K streamer
48" SONY 4K OLED TV
The following user(s) said Thank You: WayneWilmeth, anthem

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• anthem's Avatar Offline school
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
    • Thank you received: 9175
anthem Posted 7 years 2 weeks ago
Last edit: 7 years 2 weeks ago by anthem. info_outline

Sunday night, listening to Dallas Wind Symphony / Fiesta (1991) -- Symphonic Dance No. 3

I've never been to a Live Classical Concert. Don't really need to. I have my T Refs and Styrofoam Elevator Cups, it's as though I'm THERE! It takes a lot of Juice to get realistic sound levels, so glad for my Emotiva xpa-1's monos...power to spare.

By the way, after listening with the Styrofoam Elevator Cups...i noticed that the sky was bluer and grass was greener...had to mow twice.
D-Sonic m3a-600m Mono > McIntosh MC152 > Primaluna ProLogue Premium Preamp > Oppo UDP205 > Decware ZLC > Triton Reference > Isoacoustics Gaia 2 > Canare 4S11 Speaker Cables > Audience Forte 3, Anticable L3 & Shunyata Venom PC's

Every great performance deserves an Audience!
The following user(s) said Thank You: Moderator, WayneWilmeth, rjohn79395

• Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member

Kenny Burrell / Midnight Blue (1967) -- Mule

Sounding good but not quite dialed in yet. I have 57 hrs. on the T Refs and just yesterday tried dialing them in. As with all speakers I've had in my home, the dialing in process can take awhile. I remember my T2's seemed like they took forever to get right. I pray the Refs positioning will be quick and smooth. Looking forward to Permanently Placed Spiked T Refs.

Rick: I pray You & Judy have a safe flight tomorrow. Friday will be here before you know it.
D-Sonic m3a-600m Mono > McIntosh MC152 > Primaluna ProLogue Premium Preamp > Oppo UDP205 > Decware ZLC > Triton Reference > Isoacoustics Gaia 2 > Canare 4S11 Speaker Cables > Audience Forte 3, Anticable L3 & Shunyata Venom PC's

• Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member

Listening to The Jeremy Pelt Sextet from their Insight cd -- Sisyphus

What can I say about the T Refs tonight? CLAP, CLAP, CLAP!

The following user(s) said Thank You: Moderator, rjohn79395

• Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
anthem Posted 7 years 1 week ago
Listening to Frank Catalano from his Cut it Out cd.
A well recorded cd. Excellent, excellent sound this morning.

Hey Rick:
Today is Your Day.
In regards to the T Refs, the first thing you'll notice is the Majestic Sheer Beauty. They are Beautiful. A Fashion Statement, if you will. Next is the Bass, powerful and highly detailed. Last but not least, the T Refs are Highly Revealing speakers. Crank them up and give them time to Break-in. I think you're gonna like what you hear. HAVE A BLAST TODAY!!

Attachments:

• Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
anthem Posted 7 years 1 week ago

Fourplay / Heartfelt (2002) -- Goin' Back Home

Wow -- I'm blown away once again. The way the T Refs do bass is phenomenal. Plenty of slam with great detail, and they aren't even spiked yet. Listen to Larry Carlton's guitar on this track...Amazing!

The following user(s) said Thank You: Moderator, rjohn79395

Moderators: Moderator
menu
close
Menu
person_outline
arrow_back