• Platinum Member
  • rjohn79395
    • Thank you received: 4322
  • arrow_drop_downMore arrow_drop_upLess
rjohn79395 Posted 7 years 3 months ago
Last edit: 7 years 3 months ago by rjohn79395. info_outline
Hey, Anthem

Greetings from chilly NH!

We got here late yesterday, and the interior temp (no heat on all winter) was 53 degrees.... What a change from TX!!!!!

I've been thinking, a lot, about your Hearing Age chart. Max frequency heard at age 70 of 8000 HZ in that chart... I wonder how representative that is??? Lots of "golden age" folks on this forum still enjoying beautiful music.

I know I'm lucky (good genes?) that my hearing has held up so well. I still hear higher pitched sounds that my age peers don't seem to notice. I have a good friend who told me some time ago that he could no longer enjoy music (Sad!!!!), couldn't hear enough of it through his hearing aids, even got a cochlear implant to see if he could get some of it back.

I do think about how much longer I'll be able to appreciate the gorgeous sound, and range, of my speakers, and the same for going for the next upgrade of better amp, T Ref's. And then I think, "Aw, go for it"!! Enjoy it as long as you can.

So that's where I'm at. I'm going for it, as long as it brings joy, beauty to my life. Let's all enjoy the journey, as long as we can!

Rick
5.4.4 HT speakers: T Ref fronts/LFE 1, SuperCenter Ref, T1 surrounds/LFE 2 + SuperSub XXL, HTR 7000 top fronts, HTR 8000 top rears
Zone 2 speakers; 2 Invisa 525's
AVR: Marantz SR 8015
Amp: AT525NC 5 channel
Cable/TiVo, OPPO BDP 105D, Bluesound Node 2i, Apple tv 4K streamer
48" SONY 4K OLED TV
The following user(s) said Thank You: WayneWilmeth, anthem

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• anthem's Avatar Offline school
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
    • Thank you received: 9175
anthem Posted 7 years 3 months ago

Thursday night and listening to Jeff Lorber / He had a Hat.

Rick:
Glad U arrived safely. Judy is with U, right? I hope she brought the proper shoes this time. Sorry it was so cold for U. Won't be long before the air conditioner will be on.

I like your statement, "I'm going for it, as long as it brings joy, beauty to my life. Let's all enjoy the journey as long as we can."...Well said.
D-Sonic m3a-600m Mono > McIntosh MC152 > Primaluna ProLogue Premium Preamp > Oppo UDP205 > Decware ZLC > Triton Reference > Isoacoustics Gaia 2 > Canare 4S11 Speaker Cables > Audience Forte 3, Anticable L3 & Shunyata Venom PC's

Every great performance deserves an Audience!
The following user(s) said Thank You: Moderator, WayneWilmeth, rjohn79395

• WayneWilmeth's Avatar Offline
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
    • Thank you received: 7040
WayneWilmeth Posted 7 years 3 months ago
Bro Rick, glad you made it safely, we can never take that for granted these days!!!!
And I agree with Bro Anthem, WHAT YOU SAID!!!!!
I think we all agree to go for it!!!!

I too, nearing 69, can hear well above what that hearing chart says, it is BS IMHO, I have tinnitus that rings in my ears higher than that!!!!! Life, oil rig work, concerts, lots of things have hurt my hearing, but I too hear water running two rooms away when others hear nothing. So I agree, I am blessed as well!!!!
AND I can hear when someone is singing OFF KEY, or, more often than not around here, singing FLAT. Not quite so sure that this is a blessing!!!!
I am excited to hear what my adoptive TX dad says, when he says he is going for it!!!! I can't wait to swing by one of these days and hear music on your awesome system!!!!
I am serious as a heart...... NO, well, I am serious about that.
OK, happy times,
God Bless,
Wayne
God bless the child that's got his own.
The following user(s) said Thank You: anthem, rjohn79395

• WayneWilmeth's Avatar Offline
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
    • Thank you received: 7040
WayneWilmeth Posted 7 years 3 months ago
Oh, and Gentlemen,
I know some of you are BB fans, perhaps not NBA, but fans none the less.
I don't follow it too closely until the playoffs, and now that it is FINALS time, I will be watching every game, Lord willing and the Creek don't rise!!!!!
BUT not at O Dark Thirty in the morning. So I see the games sometimes 10 hours or so AFTER YOU.
Can you please be so kind as to not give any immediate spoilers????
I am careful to NOT LOOK at ESPN or anywhere I might see the score until I get a chance to watch the replay--NOT KNOWING who won, so much more fun that way.
Thanks for your kindness.
God Bless,
Wayne as in I don't know yet who won the first game and the first replay is not until 1:15 from now, and even then we have a guest coming over to talk about trafficking ministry stuff and he may not want to watch it with me, so it might be hours more before I get to watch.
Thanks
God bless the child that's got his own.
The following user(s) said Thank You: anthem, rjohn79395

• rjohn79395's Avatar Offline
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • rjohn79395
    • Thank you received: 4322
rjohn79395 Posted 7 years 3 months ago
Hey, Anthem and Wayne

Thanks for the kind words!

Anthem, yes Judy is here also. "The shoes" from last summer are long gone!

Wayne, I promise not to give away BB final scores (just looked, the game was on too late for me).

Just got here two days ago, will be packing to go to NY today to see our two grand daughters in a school play. Fun stuff!

Rick
5.4.4 HT speakers: T Ref fronts/LFE 1, SuperCenter Ref, T1 surrounds/LFE 2 + SuperSub XXL, HTR 7000 top fronts, HTR 8000 top rears
Zone 2 speakers; 2 Invisa 525's
AVR: Marantz SR 8015
Amp: AT525NC 5 channel
Cable/TiVo, OPPO BDP 105D, Bluesound Node 2i, Apple tv 4K streamer
48" SONY 4K OLED TV
The following user(s) said Thank You: WayneWilmeth, anthem

• anthem's Avatar Offline school
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
    • Thank you received: 9175
anthem Posted 7 years 3 months ago

Listening to Woody Shaw / Rosewood. Some pretty decent jazz from the seventies.
D-Sonic m3a-600m Mono > McIntosh MC152 > Primaluna ProLogue Premium Preamp > Oppo UDP205 > Decware ZLC > Triton Reference > Isoacoustics Gaia 2 > Canare 4S11 Speaker Cables > Audience Forte 3, Anticable L3 & Shunyata Venom PC's

Every great performance deserves an Audience!
The following user(s) said Thank You: Moderator, WayneWilmeth, rjohn79395

Moderators: Moderator
menu
close
Menu
person_outline
arrow_back