file Currently playing

• anthem's Avatar Offline school
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
    • Thank you received: 9175
  • arrow_drop_downMore arrow_drop_upLess
anthem Posted 7 years 9 months ago
T Cobe:

Tis the Christmas season, so I splurged and purchased Dallas Wind Symphony/Fiesta for 5 cents plus $3.99 shipping ($4.04).
Thanks once again for keeping my pockets Empty. :lol:
D-Sonic m3a-600m Mono > McIntosh MC152 > Primaluna ProLogue Premium Preamp > Oppo UDP205 > Decware ZLC > Triton Reference > Isoacoustics Gaia 2 > Canare 4S11 Speaker Cables > Audience Forte 3, Anticable L3 & Shunyata Venom PC's

Every great performance deserves an Audience!
The following user(s) said Thank You: WayneWilmeth, rjohn79395, T Cobe

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• monsterzero's Avatar Offline
    • Thank you received: 114
monsterzero Posted 7 years 9 months ago

anthem wrote: Good try Monsterzero...but around the 3:43 mark, FalkenBach became a "Dirt Ball". Reminds me of the rejects on "American Idol"...can't sing. But hey, keep trying, I'm always up for something new.

LOL,I wasnt trying to impress you...I knew posting Pagan/folk/Viking Black metal wasnt going to be your cup of tea!

I actually think Falkenbach is one of the better bands of that genre....if you want to hear really offensive vocals...try this!

For the record many folks actually like these "Death Growls" as theyre called in correct terminology.

I like Falkenbach despite the Cookie Monster vocals

• rjohn79395's Avatar Offline
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • rjohn79395
    • Thank you received: 4322
rjohn79395 Posted 7 years 9 months ago
Last edit: 7 years 9 months ago by rjohn79395. info_outline

T Cobe wrote: Rick,

No need to thank me for the reference, this was another one of Sandy's Picks. The album is fantastic and certainly worth the $.50 on Amazon (Anthem). I wonder how similar SQ is between disc and Deezer. Have you compared Deezer tracks with songs you have on disc? In any case, happy listening!

Cheers,

T Cobe

Good questions, T

Re CD vs. Deezer Elite streaming, for the most part, they are the same SQ. (Since all Deezer stuff is in FLAC format, SACD albums are in FLAC format only.) BUT, for reasons I can't explain, some streams seem to have some glare.. not so with the DWS music. It tends to be some material streamed from sources, not from my music library, so it probably relates to how "messed up" the signal path/clocking etc. is by the time it gets to the Marantz DAC.

SONOs is the most flexible streaming option available. But it's Cirrus Logic CODAC and reclock capabilities are not in the same class as upscale, more pricey streamers. Wyred 4 Sound is a company that offers SONOS upgrades to bring it up to pricier options in SQ. From conversation I have had with Wyred 4 Sound, the sometime glossy/less than perfect SQ issue is part sloppy reclocking, part less than great SONOS CODAC. I have a Wyred 4 Sound reclocker on order that should be here this week, and I'm planning on sending the SONOS Connect unit to them at some point to get CODAC and other functions upgraded also to best possible. I'll probably wait on that for when I'm travelling, since the unit would be gone a week or more. Any independent reviews I've read say that the upgrades bring the SONOS into first class music streaming SQ territory.

Re streaming in general, I love the flexibility of finding most any music I want, playing music from my library in any playlist I want to create, access to most any radio station, ready made playlists from Deezer and other sources based on music preferences, "flow" options that take music preferences and create private music stations that play music based on music styles you like, etc. etc.

Happy listening!

Rick
5.4.4 HT speakers: T Ref fronts/LFE 1, SuperCenter Ref, T1 surrounds/LFE 2 + SuperSub XXL, HTR 7000 top fronts, HTR 8000 top rears
Zone 2 speakers; 2 Invisa 525's
AVR: Marantz SR 8015
Amp: AT525NC 5 channel
Cable/TiVo, OPPO BDP 105D, Bluesound Node 2i, Apple tv 4K streamer
48" SONY 4K OLED TV
The following user(s) said Thank You: Moderator, WayneWilmeth, T Cobe

• WayneWilmeth's Avatar Offline
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
    • Thank you received: 7040
WayneWilmeth Posted 7 years 9 months ago
Last edit: 7 years 9 months ago by WayneWilmeth. info_outline

Ok, I am sitting on the plane, LOTS of hours to kill, and I have my own iems plugged into the plane system, I check out the music offered and found some classical I had never heard before by the Beaux Arts Trio. Never heard of them. And they were playing Smetana (I have only barely heard of), a Piano Trio. NOT what is posted above, that was just to give you a hint of who I am talking about.
I was blown away by the sound here on the plane!!!! Never heard that kind of fidelity, WOW this new Boeing 787 Dreamliner must have a better audio system than the other planes!!! Along with cooler windows.
Anyway, the sound of the piano, violin and cello was just superb, and the music was delightful, accessible. Not just for classical music snobs.
So I searched it on Amazon and bought this 4 CD set which has the Smetana, as well as Mendelssohn, Chopin and Schumann I think. All Piano Trios and all recorded awesomely!!! I say hopefully as I am only enjoying the second disc now, but had to write about it.
WOW!!!!
Remember this is just POS and the Waynemiester is really digging it!!!!
The new Triton Ones are certainly partly to thank here, the sound is just wonderful!!!
I think the piano is rendered the best, but the violin and then the cello follow in that order.
HIGHLY RECOMMENDED!!!
For those of you who have Hi So dinner parties, this should be playing in the background. For those who have romantic candlelight dinners and want music on in the background, well, Barry White is there, some lush strings would be a great choice. But this could be playing, problem is, I would have to stop and listen to it!!!!
God Bless, Wayne
God bless the child that's got his own.
Attachments:
The following user(s) said Thank You: Moderator, rjohn79395, T Cobe

• Moderator's Avatar Offline
    • Thank you received: 3418
Moderator Posted 7 years 9 months ago

Pbgalvin wrote: Hey Anthem, agreed GeT should be one of the black friday big sale companies :-)

Sorry, just saw this post, missed Black Friday. Oh well, maybe next year... :laugh:
The following user(s) said Thank You: rjohn79395, T Cobe

• Pbgalvin's Avatar Offline
  • Elite Member
  • Elite Member
  • Lovin' GET T1s
    • Thank you received: 633
Pbgalvin Posted 7 years 9 months ago
Wow, what a mean moderator!

Well have plenty of GeT gear at the moment, but a sale would get me to prod some friends and see if they'll get off the pot on upgrading their sound systems.

Btw starting spinning some vinyl, until now I've just been digital but talk of vinyl and wondering how it sounds on GeT had me do a bit of investing to get a turntable and phono pre-amp. Just started testing it but very impressed so far. In spite of a great digital path, and well recorded, high res versions of some music, I think vocals and mids sound better on the low-ish end analog path! Need to do some more exploring. I don't have much Vinyl any more but picked up some lots of LPs on ebay, arriving today. Not sure now much analog listening I'll do but the door is open anyway.

Thanks for the Beaux Arts Trio recommendation Wayne, Just ordered up the 4 disk set. Interesting to hear that some plane audio actually sounds good. Gave up on it a long time ago. Now I use my iphone (or my laptop with higher res versions of my itunes music) a Firefly red USB DAC, and my Bose (non noise canceling) headphones - sounds quite good.

And Wayne, sorry for your loss. Losing someone close is very difficult...
2 channel -> GeT Ones.R, Rogue RP-7 pre, Kinki Studio B7 Monoblock amps fed by Oppo 105D, SonicTransport, OpticalRendu w/ 200,000 tracks, Rega RP8 w/ Garrott OPTIM S3 FGS Ruby + Sutherland 20/20 phono pre, PS Audio Powerplant 20
HT -> Marantz 7703, Butler Audio T5150 amp, GeT Ref mains

Moderators: Moderator
menu
close
Menu
person_outline
arrow_back