file Good receiver for SuperSat 50s

• valuebuyer's Avatar Offline school
    • Thank you received: 0
  • arrow_drop_downMore arrow_drop_upLess
valuebuyer Posted 3 years 8 months ago
Hi there
I was hoping for some advice. I have SuperSat 50s as fronts and SuperSat 50c as center and some other in wall rear speakers and a decent sub. I have been using an OLD Denon AVR 790 receiver with LG OLED TV. I am using the LG TV directly for the 4k videos and and using optical out from the TV to the receiver for sound.
I am wondering
1. Would upgrading the receiver improve the sound quality? The room itself is not that large. and we watch Netflix, Amazon Prime etc. Not much of music.
2. If it is worth upgrading for all the newer tech around room correction software etc, which receiver would you recommend for the speakers above?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Moderator's Avatar Offline
    • Thank you received: 3418
  • arrow_drop_downMore arrow_drop_upLess
Moderator Posted 3 years 8 months ago
Hi valuebuyer, First, upgrading your receiver would improve the sound quality of your system. The amplifier built-into in better receivers generally sounds more natural and can provide better dynamics and more headroom. The digital processing built-into better receivers generally produces a more convincing surround sensation as well. Better room correction would also produce more evenness of sound or natural sound reproduction in your listening room. The question of whether these improvements would be worth the additional cost is a value judgment. Overall, I'd say these improvements would be worth the additional cost. High quality, high current receivers would include models from Anthem, Integra, Yamaha, and Marantz.
The following user(s) said Thank You: rjohn79395, valuebuyer

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: Moderator
menu
close
Menu
person_outline
arrow_back
You are here: Home Forum Getting Started Buying Advice Good receiver for SuperSat 50s