question-circle Help choosing rear surround speakers

• PML's Avatar Offline school
    • Thank you received: 5
  • arrow_drop_downMore arrow_drop_upLess
PML Posted 6 years 4 months ago
Last edit: 6 years 4 months ago by Moderator. info_outline
Hello,

I was just wondering which surround speakers you think sound better - the Invisa MPX or the SuperSat 3 or 50. I have the option of installing either or so my main concern is SQ.

Regards,

Paul
The following user(s) said Thank You: WayneWilmeth, HTSME

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Moderator's Avatar Offline
    • Thank you received: 3418
Moderator Posted 6 years 4 months ago
Really depends on what you want cosmetically (and whether you plan on moving some time). Performance wise, when properly setup, they all sound the same.

• HTSME's Avatar Offline
  • Elite Member
  • Elite Member
    • Thank you received: 287
HTSME Posted 6 years 4 months ago
Last edit: 6 years 4 months ago by Moderator. info_outline

PML wrote: Hello,

I was just wondering which surround speakers you think sound better - the Invisa MPX or the SuperSat 3 or 50. I have the option of installing either or so my main concern is SQ.

Regards,
Paul

Paul,
I auditioned the SuperSat 3, 50 and the Invisa MPX. They did not have the 60 in stock. For me, it was an easy decision, the 50s sounded better than the 3's and Invisa MPX.

I have had the T-Ones, SuperCenter XXL, and two SuperSat 50s for the rears for 6 months. The rears do an an excellent job. I did experiment with the bass management settings and Sandy's Set-up Tips and the Moderators advise were spot on. Love the total sound field and integration. Therefore, for me, the SuperSat 50 was the best for my ears. Although I was not able to hear the SuperSat 60 at two dealers, I had a hard time justifying the cost difference between the 50 and 60.

Del
The following user(s) said Thank You: Moderator, WayneWilmeth

• Zar's Avatar Offline
    • Thank you received: 4
Zar Posted 6 years 4 months ago
Paul,

For SQ you might want to also check out the SP 652 or the HTR 7000. Personally I am currently using the AON3 as my rears in my HT.
Current: 7.2.4
Speakers: GE - TRef, SC XXL, MPX, AON3, Invisa650
Processor: Anthem - AVM-60
Amplifier (Front): McIntosh - MC452
Amplifier (Center|Heights|Surounds|Rear): Emotiva - NINE | 3.3s (3 x 300w, 6 x 65w)
DVD: Oppo Digital - UDP-205
Projector: Optoma UHZ65
Screen: 135" fixed 16:9
The following user(s) said Thank You: WayneWilmeth, rjohn79395, HTSME

• The Jay's Avatar Offline
    • Thank you received: 33
The Jay Posted 6 years 4 months ago

Moderator wrote: Really depends on what you want cosmetically (and whether you plan on moving some time). Performance wise, when properly setup, they all sound the same.

Ok just stumbled on this thread because I'm in a similar boat trying to decide on rear channels. So far I have the T2+, SCXXL, and MPX's on the sides. The room is 12.5'x23'x8'(h).

The MPXs sound fine on the sides, I'm just not blown away by anything though.

Option1: I could buy another pair of them for the rear.

Option 2: or I could go with the Sat 3s. I have another GET 5.1 system in the house with Sat3s all around, so if I went this route, I would look into getting a pair of Sat50s/60s to replace the L/R upstairs, and bring those two Sat3s downstairs for the rears. See? If the difference between Sat3s as rears vs MPXs then this would make a lot of sense.

Option 3: Sat 50s for rears, which I didn't consider before reading this forum. That's a bit more midbass than the Sat3s, but is it going to make much difference at all considering I've got the Triton's, and right now an SVS PB-2000 for a sub with plans to buy a second one maybe next year once the build is done?

**I'm not sure how much room dimensions plays into this decision as a critical factor....it's only 12.5' wide....so is the wider dispersion of the MPXs warranted/necessary/wasted back there?

In weighing these options, I could use some advice but found myself confused by Moderator's statement....they are at very different price points, they can't all sound the same.
Upstairs: SuperCinema 3 (SVS SB-2000 though), Denon AVR E-400
Downstairs: Triton 2+, SCXXL, MPX's on the sides, HTR's up top, rears ?? Marantz SR7010, PB-2000

• PML's Avatar Offline school
    • Thank you received: 5
PML Posted 6 years 4 months ago
I agree. I really wish GEt would make another on wall speaker. A cross between the aon and supersat. My issue with the supersat 50 and 60 is their height. If they were half as tall and twice as wide, i would be fine with that. I think that's why i'm struggling with this.

PML
The following user(s) said Thank You: WayneWilmeth

Moderators: Moderator
menu
close
Menu
person_outline
arrow_back
You are here: Home Forum Getting Started Buying Advice Help choosing rear surround speakers