file Main speakers for my living room

• jjanosik's Avatar Offline school
    • Thank you received: 13
  • arrow_drop_downMore arrow_drop_upLess
jjanosik Posted 9 years 9 months ago
Thank you very much guys :)
The following user(s) said Thank You: WayneWilmeth, anthem

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Last edit: 9 years 9 months ago by jjanosik. info_outline
I have one more question for you guys. Is Emotiva XPA-5 enough for 5 channel home cinema with triton ones or should I look for some other options? I really want to minimize number of boxes, so I don't want monoblocks or XPA-2 AND XPA-3.. other option is XPR-5 but it could not be shipped here... so I'm probably left with XPA-5 or XPA-2 + AV Receiver for other channels... or is it enough to buy a receiver like top marantz or top pioneer elite?

what do you think?

Thank you in advance.
The following user(s) said Thank You: WayneWilmeth

• anthem's Avatar Offline
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
    • Thank you received: 9175
anthem Posted 9 years 9 months ago
What will be the primary use of this system...movies...music...or both? If primarily for movies, I'd start with a quality receiver such as Anthem, Nad, Marantz, etc.(make sure it has pre-outs). At a later date you can always add a separate amp...Emotiva makes a fantastic 5-channel amp. If primarily for music, separates...separate amp, separate pre-amp...seperates sound better than receivers. Here again, Emotiva has phenomenal processors and quality 2-channel amps.

It's Christmas...don't be afraid to ask Santa for what you really want.

If you are not aware...Emotiva also has a new 7-channel amp?
D-Sonic m3a-600m Mono > McIntosh MC152 > Primaluna ProLogue Premium Preamp > Oppo UDP205 > Decware ZLC > Triton Reference > Isoacoustics Gaia 2 > Canare 4S11 Speaker Cables > Audience Forte 3, Anticable L3 & Shunyata Venom PC's

Every great performance deserves an Audience!
The following user(s) said Thank You: WayneWilmeth, jjanosik

Last edit: 9 years 9 months ago by jjanosik. info_outline
Usage will be 50/50 movies/music, so I was thinking about starting with a good receiver and maybe adding 2-channel amp (emotiva XPA-2) for music? But I'm just a newbie in this whole audio thing and I don't know whether 5-channel amp (Emotiva XPA-5) with cheaper pre-amp (like Emotiva UMC-200) will sound better or worse than a good receiver alone (assuming I will not need speakers to be that loud)...
The following user(s) said Thank You: anthem

• anthem's Avatar Offline
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
    • Thank you received: 9175
anthem Posted 9 years 9 months ago
If atmos is in your near future, a receiver would be the way to go...few of todays preamps/processors (seperates) are equipped with the latest technology. A good receiver with pre-outs, (for now) then can add a 2 or 5-channel amp latter.
D-Sonic m3a-600m Mono > McIntosh MC152 > Primaluna ProLogue Premium Preamp > Oppo UDP205 > Decware ZLC > Triton Reference > Isoacoustics Gaia 2 > Canare 4S11 Speaker Cables > Audience Forte 3, Anticable L3 & Shunyata Venom PC's

Every great performance deserves an Audience!

• Moderator's Avatar Offline
    • Thank you received: 3418
Moderator Posted 9 years 9 months ago
In the affordable pre/pro world, Integra and Marantz have Atmos-ready models available today. As probably everyone now knows, GoldenEar used the Integra pre/pro at our trade show Atmos system demo and it worked/sounded great. I'm guessing it will be a year or more before the higher-end brands (Anthem, Arcam, Classe, Krell, McIntosh, Meridian, etc.) have Atmos-ready pre/pro products.

Moderators: Moderator
menu
close
Menu
person_outline
arrow_back
You are here: Home Forum Getting Started Buying Advice Main speakers for my living room