file Urgent 60c vs supercenter xl

• Steveo's Avatar Offline school
  • Elite Member
  • Elite Member
    • Thank you received: 297
  • arrow_drop_downMore arrow_drop_upLess
Steveo Posted 9 years 11 months ago
Hi all. I have pulled the trigger and got myself some Triton 1s! I also got the ss3 for the surrounds and we'll as the 60c for the center. I am expecting delivery tomorrow. I went with the 60c because it fit my shelf better and I would have I wall mount my TV to fit the xl.

What is everyone opinion? Should I just get the xl over the 60c? Is it that much better over the 60c or would it make no difference matched with Triton 1s?

Please advise as I could change it over today before delivery tomorrow. The xl is actually cheaper too but I am more focused on the sound. I don't want my Triton 1s to be anyway limited by the 60c center(maybe it won't limit it)

Thanks in advance.
Triton Ref Pair, Supercenter Ref, SS 3's surr
Digital-Nimitra Server>USPCB>Iso Regen>TX Ultra>chord mscaler>chord dave>deqx hdp5
Analog-Technics sp10mk2, Ortofon Quintet Black , Michell Tecnoarm
Bel Canto REF600m L & R, Emotiva Xpa 5 Gen 3 for Center and rears
Subs 2xJTR 2400captivator
PS Audio P10

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• adlersberg's Avatar Offline
    • Thank you received: 5
adlersberg Posted 9 years 11 months ago
hi, i'm running the 7's with the super center x and really like the sound, i think the xl would be a better match for the one's.

• Moderator's Avatar Offline
    • Thank you received: 3418
Moderator Posted 9 years 11 months ago

Steveo wrote: I went with the 60c because it fit my shelf better and I would have I wall mount my TV to fit the xl.

What is everyone opinion? Should I just get the xl over the 60c? Is it that much better over the 60c or would it make no difference matched with Triton 1s?

Please advise as I could change it over today before delivery tomorrow. The xl is actually cheaper too but I am more focused on the sound. I don't want my Triton 1s to be anyway limited by the 60c center(maybe it won't limit it).

Get what fits, the 60C will perform perfectly with the Triton Ones with an appropriate crossover setting. It will sound virtually the same as the SuperCenter with the Triton Ones' dual subs reproducing the center channels frequencies below the crossover. The SuperCenters, although perfect with powered-sub Tritons, were designed for use with the Triton Sevens and Aon Bookshelf speakers which don't have built in powered subs.

Moderators: Moderator
menu
close
Menu
person_outline
arrow_back
You are here: Home Forum Getting Started Buying Advice Urgent 60c vs supercenter xl