file Prospective Triton Seven owner - fidelity for 2.0?

• ultralight's Avatar Offline school
    • Thank you received: 4
  • arrow_drop_downMore arrow_drop_upLess
ultralight Posted 10 years 6 months ago
Thanks.

I think for me, it now comes down to three rather different systems - each with its own strengths. For the $, each may represent the best value for the dollar for music listening.

These are the Triton 7, Martin Logan ESL, and the KEF LS50 with a pair of very small fast sub just for a bit more bass extension. Each has real strengths. There's no losers in this bunch and any is a good decision which does make it difficult.

THANKS again for answering my queries. Much appreciated.

UL

Moderator wrote: No worries, everything is good here (except maybe some of anthem's jokes). You're not going to get any direct comparisons from me, but certainly other forum members may have an opinion.

Your local dealer should be able to demo the speaker in a fashion (with electronics and music of your choosing) that allows you to make a well informed decision. Not too many dealers allow in-home audition, but most offer 30 day exchange or upgrade options. Of course, all of that is up to the individual dealer. The Triton Seven is a watershed product (I believe a forum post by SanthoshEapen?), there hasn't been a product so universally acclaimed since, well, the Triton Two.

I think every music lover and audiophile has had a love affair with electrostatic speakers, myself included. I owned them starting all the way back into the 80's, and again in the late 90's. Back then I used to listen to music sitting on the couch, with my wife, in the middle/front of the speakers. I don't do that anymore, although I still have a stereo. Its in the living room, and the Triton Twos sound great all over the room, for everyone. Electrostatic speakers, especially full-range ones, are really the ideal transducer... except for that whole (poor) dispersion thing you mentioned, and (large) size thing, and that (low) efficiency thing, and high cost thing.
:)

The folded Ribbon tweeter is the most elegant implementation yet to solve the problems, and keep the virtues, of the electrostatic speaker. A properly setup pair of Tritons will create a huge, transparent and detailed soundstage with amazing imaging precision, spectacular low level resolution and low distortion ... for many listeners in the room, and with modest power requirements, and at a much reduced cost (typically). Oh yeah, and with a heap of good bass energy.

The Triton Sevens are the result of the latest technologies, employed with experienced yet innovative design (GoldenEar was voted the #1 Speaker Company for Product Innovation in 2013, as reported in the results of an industry-leading specialty audio dealers survey). The other speakers you're comparing are not. (Sorry, domes are dead, to massage a press quote from the 2010 introduction of the GoldenEar product line.)

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Moderator's Avatar Offline
    • Thank you received: 3418
Moderator Posted 10 years 6 months ago
Oh, so we're playing the "old" card? And I don't know if your wife is like mine, but she'll laugh at ANYTHING... LOL
Sorry Wayne and MOBrien, upon review it was definitely anthem's jokes. :)
The following user(s) said Thank You: anthem

• Visitor
  • Visitor
MOBrien Posted 10 years 6 months ago
Moderator,
I'm assuming your wife is not a member of, or does not read this board? Otherwise, I think you will be sleeping on the couch with your GE's :)

• Moderator's Avatar Offline
    • Thank you received: 3418
Moderator Posted 10 years 6 months ago
Your assumption, and all it implies, is totally correct. Shh...
The following user(s) said Thank You: anthem

Moderators: Moderator
menu
close
Menu
person_outline
arrow_back
You are here: Home Forum Getting Started Buying Advice Prospective Triton Seven owner - fidelity for 2.0?