file 2 separate subwoofer output on receiver to triton.

• RonaldCortez's Avatar Offline school
    • Thank you received: 0
  • arrow_drop_downMore arrow_drop_upLess
RonaldCortez Posted 11 years 11 months ago
Hello again.. im still figuring out why my triton 2 dont have much bass. I tried setting all my speakers at 120hz crossover excluding triton 2 set at full range... i still have my separate subwoofer .. but even if i set my sub to NoNe i still dont get the bass from the triton... my idea is hooking up a LFE cable on both of my tritons since my receiver is a 7.2 which i can hook up 2 subwoofer output separately... if this thing is possible... whats your recommended crossover for LFE... right now i set it at 120hz... my receiver is a onkyo tx nr807.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Moderator's Avatar Offline
    • Thank you received: 3416
  • arrow_drop_downMore arrow_drop_upLess
Moderator Posted 11 years 11 months ago
Last edit: 11 years 11 months ago by Moderator. info_outline
Running LFE cable and saying "Yes" to subwoofer and "Large" (or full range) for L/R fronts will send LFE-only down the cables. LFE is designed for frequencies up to 120Hz.

But... I would suggest, before you add the cables, that you factory-reset your Onkyo and then manually setup your system as recommended (Large mains, no sub - or sub with 120Hz crossover to send LFE to your separate sub instead of Tritons - Small center and surrounds with 120Hz crossovers). There is no reason you shouldn't have plenty of bass in a properly configured and functioning TritonCinema system.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: Moderator
menu
close
Menu
person_outline
arrow_back
You are here: Home Forum Getting Started Basic Hookup and Wiring Questions 2 separate subwoofer output on receiver to triton.