file Best speaker cables?

• WayneWilmeth's Avatar Offline
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
    • Thank you received: 7040
  • arrow_drop_downMore arrow_drop_upLess
WayneWilmeth Posted 7 years 4 months ago
Welcome to the forum Dlany!
I think this is a great place to discuss and learn.
But in the end your own ears have to be the final judge of what is best--for you.
So I would audition the cables IF you can.
I have found that MIT makes wonderful cables, in the same order as the others you mentioned. They are VERY expensive and a little too polite for me, with my tubes, so I use silver cables from Signal Cable. I find their extra clarity lets my Tritons sing.
If you want to call Frank there, he is really sensible and can steer you in the right direction and at reasonable prices.
Hope some of what we shared will help.
Happy listening,
God Bless,
Wayne
God bless the child that's got his own.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Moderator, rjohn79395, T Cobe

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• JewelHanda's Avatar Offline
    • Thank you received: 1
JewelHanda Posted 4 years 5 months ago
Last edit: 4 years 4 months ago by JewelHanda. info_outline
Hi...There are increasing levels of purity. But assuming that the wire is decent to start with the increase levels of purity are in the fractions. Though no more than an illustration to make my point, one grade might be 99%, the next grade up would be 99.9%, and the grade higher than that might be 99.99%. Though again that's just an illustration. I have seen the actual number recently, but they escape my mind at the moment.

printed circuit boards
The following user(s) said Thank You: Moderator

• GDHAL's Avatar Offline
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
    • Thank you received: 879
GDHAL Posted 1 year 5 months ago
I'm resurrecting this blast-from-the-past thread because I happened upon a site (other than Belden) that provides some measurements data around the 5T00UP speaker wire, which I happen to use.

www.audioholics.com/gadget-reviews/blue-...s-cable-measurements

Succinctly, it measures well. While I don't believe I'm missing anything sound wise per se, at least not because of speaker cables, I haven't tried all but a few (2) other speaker cables so as to compare. I do have a triode wire labs digital interconnect.

Triton tower powered speaker owners, what's been your experience with speaker cables?
Golden Ear Triton Reference (pair), Musical Fidelity M6si, Schiit Yggdrasil-OG-B, Oppo UDP-205, Emotiva ERC-3, LG OLED65C9PUA, Salamander Synergy Triple Unit SL20, Audeze LCD-X, GIK acoustic paneling
halr.x10.mx/TritonReference.htm ; halr.x10.mx/other.html

Moderators: Moderator
menu
close
Menu
person_outline
arrow_back