file Triton 7 Setup Help Request No Bass?

• Dmcbarron's Avatar Offline school
    • Thank you received: 2
  • arrow_drop_downMore arrow_drop_upLess
Dmcbarron Posted 9 years 3 months ago
Hello All,

I have heard a lot of speakers over the years and I know I must have something wrong with my setup. I am coming off a bose system (wife wanted small ugh). I am running them for music. I have them hooked to my receiver Marantz SR6008. 16 Gauge Wire with banana plugs wire is only about 4 feet long. If I set the fronts as Large and I leave Audyesy on I have very little bass. To the point they almost sound out of phase. I am not looking for booming bass and this isn't tight it is very minimal. I have turned off Audysey and done tone control and maxed out bass still minimal and gone with EQ and same results. The only way they sound really good is if I set them to small and set the crossover level at 80HZ so my sub fills it in. Am I missing something?

Thanks,
Doug
The following user(s) said Thank You: WayneWilmeth

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Moderator's Avatar Offline
    • Thank you received: 3418
Moderator Posted 9 years 3 months ago
Certainly sounds like the speakers are not getting a full range signal from your receiver, although your settings imply they should. Obviously, the speakers make great bass, but only if the bass gets to them.

Our first suggestion would be call your dealer and have them come help with the setup and/or troubleshoot. Otherwise, review all the settings again, perhaps start with a "direct" mode (if there is one) and play a CD. You may want to try a factory reset in case things are not as they appear and start over, without Audyssey, and then do a manual setup.

• Dmcbarron's Avatar Offline school
    • Thank you received: 2
Dmcbarron Posted 9 years 3 months ago
Thanks, I put in Kid Rock (strong bass line) from my cd player, set to direct mode made sure speakers were set to large and I simply only have mid range and up. I called the dealer let's see what they say. Something definitely isn't right. Thanks for the quick response.

Doug

• ArthurDaniels's Avatar Offline
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
    • Thank you received: 1811
ArthurDaniels Posted 9 years 3 months ago
Doug,

There are websites with test tones available for free download. After downloading, you can create a test CD. With the Test CD, you can run a frequency range check on your Triton Sevens. If you set your amplifier to provide "Pure Direct" or "Analog Direct" sound to your Tritons, you should be listening to just two channel stereo music with no other signal processing. You might want to be sure that your Audyssey settings are not in play for your tests. Tone controls should not be active in the Pure Direct mode.

I have a pair of Sevens and I can tell you that they will provide clean bass but that there will not be a significant amount of "depth" or "thump" unless you listen at fairly high volume settings. Before I purchased my Triton Ones, I was using my Sevens as Fronts, coupled with a Paradigm sub woofer with satisfactory results.

My recommendation would be to perform a reset to eliminate any adjustments made by the Audyssey program, then go from there. In my opinion, you can achieve the best results for your tastes by setting things up yourself by just listening and making adjustments, rather than by using the Audyssey setup or by attempting to duplicate someone else's recommended setup.

Best,

Art

• fopmc's Avatar Offline
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
    • Thank you received: 154
fopmc Posted 9 years 3 months ago
Doug,

As Art implies, going through the test tones is useful, it should also show you the gain in db that Audyssey has applied, and could be negative value, but I turn off all the EQ. In my experience Audyssey doesn't always get it right, despite measuring twice, but can be a good place to start and then run through the manual settings to see. I'm guessing you already know this but in my case with a Denon: distances, Level (Test tone) and crossover. Otherwise your settings of Large should give you what you need!

I just added my 7s to my setup and ran them in place of my 1s and the bass seemed fine!

Thanks
Po

Moderators: Moderator
menu
close
Menu
person_outline
arrow_back
You are here: Home Forum Getting Started Basic Hookup and Wiring Questions Triton 7 Setup Help Request No Bass?