file Invisa MPX and 650 installation

• hazmat's Avatar Offline school
    • Thank you received: 0
  • arrow_drop_downMore arrow_drop_upLess
hazmat Posted 2 years 7 months ago
I just purchased 4x Invisa 650s to install at atmos speakers in the ceiling and 4x Invisa MPXs to install as side and rear surrounds in the walls.

Above the room is a bedroom, so I am considering install the in ceiling speakers in a Dynamat Dynabox:
www.dynamat.com/products/dynabox/

Has anyone done this before? Does it have enough space to not degrade the speaker's function? And does it work well to mostly prevent sound from these speakers in the room above?

Any thoughts on installing the MPXs in exterior walls with insulation and a vapor barrier?
I can cut a space out of the vapor barrier and insulation just big enough for the speaker.
Can I then line that spot with more vapor barrier and even some thinner insulation?

Thanks,
-mat

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Moderator's Avatar Offline
    • Thank you received: 3418
  • arrow_drop_downMore arrow_drop_upLess
Moderator Posted 2 years 7 months ago
Hi hazmat, First, using a back box with the Invisa 650s would be quite acceptable (and this will help to reduce the sound that's transmitted to the bedroom above your listening room). Of course, the sound from "the entire system" will (to some degree) make its way into the bedroom above the listening room, but short of sound proofing the entire listening room, that's to be expected.

Next, if possible, I would recommend using a back box that's 0.88 cubic feet or larger. This way, the bass response heard from these Invisa 650s would not suffer. (If you used a back box that's smaller than 0.88 cubic feet, this would - to some degree lessen or reduce the bass response heard from these speakers.)

Last, when installing the Invisa MPXs into an exterior wall, cutting a small space out of the vapor barrier and insulation (just big enough for the speakers) would be quite acceptable. I would then recommend placing some thinner insulation directly behind the speakers. Happy Listening!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: Moderator
menu
close
Menu
person_outline
arrow_back
You are here: Home Forum Support Invisa Series Invisa MPX and 650 installation