file Invisa SPS in an external wall

• valuebuyer's Avatar Offline school
    • Thank you received: 0
  • arrow_drop_downMore arrow_drop_upLess
valuebuyer Posted 3 years 4 months ago
Hi All
I currently have the SuperSat 50's LCR on wall. I was hoping to upgrade to Invisa In wall for L and R and then get the supercenter reference. The wall that I will have speakers in is an external wall. That has insulation and vapor barriers etc and there is no wall cavity. Any suggestions about how to use the Invisa SPS? How will they function without the wall cavity? Would the real option here be to use the back boxes instead? In that case would this feel like an upgrade?
Thanks in advance!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Moderator's Avatar Offline
    • Thank you received: 3418
  • arrow_drop_downMore arrow_drop_upLess
Moderator Posted 3 years 4 months ago
Hi valuebuyer, The Invisa SPS Reference in-wall speakers need (at least) a small open cavity or free space behind their speaker component to work well. Ideally, they should have at least 1.76 cubic feet free space behind (or around) the back of their speaker components to work well. If the insulation and vapor barrier behind these in-wall speakers would allow enough free space for their 3.25" mounting depth - and also allow for some air flow behind the speakers, this should be acceptable.

If we're not able to provide some air flow around the back of these speakers, using their matching back box would be a good option. This back box provides 1.76 cubic feet free space behind these speakers.

Using a set of Invisa SPS speakers (along with their matching back boxes) would still be a nice upgrade over the SuperSat 50s. The Invisa SPS' reference quality speaker components produce a nice step up in clarity, detail, and 3-dimensonality. Happy Listening!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: Moderator
menu
close
Menu
person_outline
arrow_back
You are here: Home Forum Support Invisa Series Invisa SPS in an external wall