file New design for Atmos system

• thunderdr's Avatar Offline school
    • Thank you received: 0
  • arrow_drop_downMore arrow_drop_upLess
thunderdr Posted 5 years 7 months ago
Hi everyone! New member here. I'm building a new house with a home theater area in my walkout basement and I have to have to have in-ceiling speakers for a number of reasons (wife, animals, etc.). I would like to have an Atmos 7.1 layout. I am thinking about using the Invisa HTR 7000 for the Left, Center and Right front speakers with either the 650, the 525, or the 600 speakers as the sides and rear speakers with a Forcefield Subwoofer.

Does anyone have any recommendations?

Thanks

Mike

Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Moderator's Avatar Offline
    • Thank you received: 3418
Moderator Posted 5 years 7 months ago
Not an Atmos setup if there are no height channels. The speakers you mention will certainly work, you just need to make sure the speakers are placed properly. Keep in mind that: 1) If this IS going to be an Atoms system with height channels you cannot use conventional in-ceiling speakers for non-height channels (L/C/R and surround), and, 2) using HTR 7000s as non-height channels requires them to be at least 8'-10' away from the primary listening area (assuming an 8 foot ceiling). If not Atmose, we would suggest nothing less than Invisa 650 for in-ceiling surround/rear speakers in a home theater application with HTR 7000 mains.
The following user(s) said Thank You: thunderdr

• thunderdr's Avatar Offline school
    • Thank you received: 0
thunderdr Posted 5 years 6 months ago
Thank you for your response. That makes sense. Given that it is not an ideal setup, could I use this setup as a 5.1.2 Atmos setup? And if so, would that change any of the selected in-ceiling speakers? Would I still need to stick with HTR 7000 mains and 650s for height and rear? BTW, I will have 9 foot ceilings.

thanks in advance

• Moderator's Avatar Offline
    • Thank you received: 3418
Moderator Posted 5 years 6 months ago
My pleasure, sorry there haven't been more comments from other members yet.

Yes, I would suggest a 5.1.2 or 5.1.4 setup over a 7.anything. The ideal in-ceiling system for your room would be HTR 7000 for L/C/R and Surrounds (all must be at least 10' from the listening area) and Invisa 650 for the 2-4 height channels.

If you are wall mounting your TV you might want to consider either: a SuperSat 60C center speaker mounted to the top or bottom of the TV instead of an in-ceiling center. Or, a 3D Array soundbar, again, mounted to the top or bottom of the TV, instead of the L/C/R in-ceiling speakers.
The following user(s) said Thank You: rjohn79395

Moderators: Moderator
menu
close
Menu
person_outline
arrow_back
You are here: Home Forum Support Invisa Series New design for Atmos system