file Triton One with balanced amplifier

• T Cobe's Avatar Offline
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
    • Thank you received: 4381
  • arrow_drop_downMore arrow_drop_upLess
T Cobe Posted 8 years 7 months ago
Joao,

I have not heard anything from Luxman but they get good reviews and have an understated, retro look that is quite appealing. From a sound and aesthetic standpoint, the Hegels are a great match for the Tritons. If they can be had for a good price, it seems a tempting proposition. I strongly considered the P30 and H20 but just wasn't comfortable stepping up to that price range.

If you have dealers in your area that carry the brands you're considering, it's always best to conduct a first hand audition and decide what sound you like best. In this price range, it's best to be sure you're going to like the sound. I would think an in home audition would also be possible and would be even more helpful in your deliberations.

Good luck in narrowing down your search. Please let us know how you get on. Pictures are always appreciated.

Cheers,

T Cobe
Speakers: Triton One L/R, SCXL, Aon 3 Surr/Back, HTR-7000 Height
Pre/Pro/AVR: Anthem AVM 60, Emotiva XSP-1
Amps: Emotiva XPA-5(2), Emotiva XPA-1L (2)
Sources: Oppo BDP-103D, Emotiva ERC-3, PS4, Pioneer PLX-1000 w/Ortofon 2M Bronze
Display: Epson 6030 UB, Elite Screens 110" Sable
The following user(s) said Thank You: WayneWilmeth, rjohn79395

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• WayneWilmeth's Avatar Offline
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
    • Thank you received: 7040
  • arrow_drop_downMore arrow_drop_upLess
WayneWilmeth Posted 8 years 7 months ago
Hey Joao,
Just one opinion here, but I think you can beat the Luxman quite a lot, good though they are.
The other amps mentioned are better, IMHO.
Are you where you can audition good amps? Try Vincent hybrid amps IF you get a chance.
Happy hunting, God Bless,
Wayne
God bless the child that's got his own.
The following user(s) said Thank You: rjohn79395, T Cobe

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: Moderator
menu
close
Menu
person_outline
arrow_back
You are here: Home Forum Support Triton Series Triton One with balanced amplifier