file Triton 1's...."Come-On Man!"

• WayneWilmeth's Avatar Offline
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
    • Thank you received: 7040
  • arrow_drop_downMore arrow_drop_upLess
WayneWilmeth Posted 11 years 10 months ago
WOW that is great!!!! I don't know them, I will search. Might even contact them if I can and tell them they will have a ready made customer.
That is good news, thanks for that!!!!
God bless the child that's got his own.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
Hello again,
I posted a "reply" that did not show up, and then a "reply topic" and it did not show up as well.
Not sure how to do this.
But I am very happy to hear there is a possibility of getting GE speakers to Thailand. I wrote SIS already and told them they have a ready made customer if they carry your line.
Thanks for keeping me informed.
All the best, God Bless, Wayne

• Moderator's Avatar Offline
    • Thank you received: 3418
Moderator Posted 11 years 10 months ago
Sorry - should be there now. Hopefully you'll be their first GoldenEar customer (and our first in Thailand)!

• Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
Thanks!!!
Ha ha, looks like I rolled over to page two and couldn't even see that. Hope I can figure out new speakers.
I already got a reply from SIS that was very kind, and though they will need time to get the govt. to agree to let them import GE speakers, they assured me they will be the distributors and I will be their first customer.
I am excited!!!! If the price is reasonable, I think I will get both the Triton 2 and 3 and set up two systems. Seems like a better idea than settling for the Aons, IF I can afford it. (NOT saying the Aons aren't great, just love the bass with the towers better!!!)
Thanks, God Bless, Wayne

• Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
Mr. Moderator Dude,
I don't know why my responses don't show up until you help them, pls tell me what I am doing wrong. BUT since they are not showing, here is one just FWIW and FYI. I am in K. L. Malaysia this week and finally found your dealer here, A & L Audio, and went in to listen to the Triton 2s and Aon 3s last evening (This BEFORE I found out I would be able to get them in Thailand, I was gonna ship them to me from here or Singapore). I was shocked at their shop. It is WAY small, and there had to be more than 35 pairs of speakers all crammed in there, maybe 50 pairs. And across the aisle of the shopping complex from them, someone was playing disco sounding crap the thump of which could not be shut out of their "listening room". He started to demo the Aon 3s with an Onkyo receiver, I asked nicely and he used an Unison integrated MOSFET amp, their cheapest (though not cheap) which seemed the best amp he had in his shop. Their shop in S'pore is way crowded, but still not NEARLY this bad, and they do have some decent tube amps.
It is amazing to me how different my test CDs sound with different amps and front ends. Actually I only heard them with Marantz CD players and integrated amps. But they really sang with tube amps. Solid state, not as airy, a little heavier sound, and with the Onkyo receiver one time, I initially thought the speakers were broken, then found out what was driving them, the sound was WAY lacking. I know you need to be positive with customers and confirm that their systems will work fine. And they will. But there is a LOT to be enjoyed with your speakers when they are fed by better upstream systems. What I have not heard is the soundstaging that I have read about, they demoed the Aons at 4 feet apart, and the Triton 2s at MAYBE 6 feet apart, speakers all around, sound bouncing off all sorts of barriers. I am CERTAIN, I am banking on, my not hearing the speakers at their best. So many have written about imaging and sound staging, and I have never heard the speakers set up in a room where they had a chance to show off.
This does not need to be shared, just wanted you to know, my humble opinion.

• Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
OK, Moderator Dude,
Just for you. I "told on" A & L Audio pretty bad in K. L. Malaysia when I wrote last. So in fairness I have to tell you this one. They sent me a quote to fly speakers to Thailand, WAY too expensive. I went back to tell them thanks, but no thanks, (did not mention that I should be able to get them in Thailand one of these days, without the shipping costs), and while there they were kind enough to let me audition the Triton 3s. Still crumby set up, not the best amp, etc. And still the sound was quite alright, but I trusted it could be better. Chatting with the guy, I said I hoped to use a tube amp with the Tritons, pity he did not have any. he said, yes, we do, and then took me to a second listening room, MUCH better (only like 7 other pairs of speakers in there) and was willing and able to demo the 3s with Unison S6 tube amp. High end Puccini CD player, costly Tara labs cables, and a lot better set up. [He keeps insisting on NO toe in at all, though I would try some] and closer together than I would do.
WELL, just wanted to tell you that they are really trying AND WOW, the Triton 3s SANG this time!!!! And he reckons they are not broken in at all. Finally I got to hear why I want to buy these babies. Drool running down my chin.
Just wanted to say, be fair to the dealer over here, they are really short on space, but they do try.
Appreciated.
Waiting on SIS to get up and running in Thailand with these and will try to get a pair of 2s and 3s to set up two different systems.
Thanks for listening. God Bless, Wayne
The following user(s) said Thank You: anthem

Moderators: Moderator
menu
close
Menu
person_outline
arrow_back
You are here: Home Forum Clubhouse Write Your Own Review Triton Series Triton 1's...."Come-On Man!"