file "Best" HT setup from GT

• Moderator's Avatar Offline
    • Thank you received: 3416
  • arrow_drop_downMore arrow_drop_upLess
Moderator Posted 7 years 7 months ago

Pbgalvin wrote: Hmm, looks like the supersats are low profile - I could have them horizontally on the 2 side walls. Anyone tried those as surrounds!?

Yes, that's our most popular surround speaker, I actually use them in my theater for surrounds (Invisa MPX for rears). The "C" version is for horizontal use. The little SuperSat 3 is the most popular due to its size, but plenty of people opt for the SuperSat 50 for surround duty.
The following user(s) said Thank You: rjohn79395, T Cobe

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Pbgalvin's Avatar Offline school
  • Elite Member
  • Elite Member
  • Lovin' GET T1s
    • Thank you received: 633
Pbgalvin Posted 7 years 7 months ago
Ah very good looks like a plan, Might even be able to get the 60s instead.
Now if only they came in tan / white!
2 channel -> GeT Ones.R, Rogue RP-7 pre, Kinki Studio B7 Monoblock amps fed by Oppo 105D, SonicTransport, OpticalRendu w/ 200,000 tracks, Rega RP8 w/ Garrott OPTIM S3 FGS Ruby + Sutherland 20/20 phono pre, PS Audio Powerplant 20
HT -> Marantz 7703, Butler Audio T5150 amp, GeT Ref mains
The following user(s) said Thank You: T Cobe

• T Cobe's Avatar Offline
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
    • Thank you received: 4381
T Cobe Posted 7 years 7 months ago
We've discussed the merits of different color options for some time here on the forum. Thankfully the black works well for me in my theater but some nice metal outrigger feet and different color cloth and cap for my T1s would be cool.
Speakers: Triton One L/R, SCXL, Aon 3 Surr/Back, HTR-7000 Height
Pre/Pro/AVR: Anthem AVM 60, Emotiva XSP-1
Amps: Emotiva XPA-5(2), Emotiva XPA-1L (2)
Sources: Oppo BDP-103D, Emotiva ERC-3, PS4, Pioneer PLX-1000 w/Ortofon 2M Bronze
Display: Epson 6030 UB, Elite Screens 110" Sable

• Elite Member
  • Elite Member
  • Lovin' GET T1s
Well, I'm sure to no one's great surprise I really like the T1s + SCXXL in the HT.
They totally wash out my old surrounds (AV123), so upgrading to:
2 X T1s
Oppo BDP-105D
1 X SCXXL
Keeping current subwoofer
2 X Supersurround 50s
Keeping the Marantz 7701 AV receiver
Keeping the Outlaw audio 770 ( 7 x 200watt) amp
Should be most excellent.
For 2 channel music I have a mac mini with my ripped library, it plugs into a wired 4 sound Dac-1 then into the receiver via analog.
It sounded great and played very loud in my testing.

Oddly, blu-rays, cable etc are much quieter and I needed to crank them up much higher for good room shaking listening - not sure what's going on there yet but it's clearly not the speakers. Wondering if the amp puts out less wattage if driving more speakers. Could consider something like the outlaw audio monoblock 200s to drive the 3 front speakers and offload the amp, or even do that and let the receiver drive the surrounds and get rid of the current amp. But I'll wait for the new kit to come in and see how it sounds and if I can tune it.

Thanks for the advice and for helping me spend money :-)...
2 channel -> GeT Ones.R, Rogue RP-7 pre, Kinki Studio B7 Monoblock amps fed by Oppo 105D, SonicTransport, OpticalRendu w/ 200,000 tracks, Rega RP8 w/ Garrott OPTIM S3 FGS Ruby + Sutherland 20/20 phono pre, PS Audio Powerplant 20
The following user(s) said Thank You: WayneWilmeth, rjohn79395, T Cobe

• jcbudny's Avatar Offline
    • Thank you received: 61
jcbudny Posted 7 years 7 months ago

Pbgalvin wrote: Well, I'm sure to no one's great surprise I really like the T1s + SCXXL in the HT.
They totally wash out my old surrounds (AV123), so upgrading to:
2 X T1s
Oppo BDP-105D
1 X SCXXL
Keeping current subwoofer
2 X Supersurround 50s
Keeping the Marantz 7701 AV receiver
Keeping the Outlaw audio 770 ( 7 x 200watt) amp
Should be most excellent.
For 2 channel music I have a mac mini with my ripped library, it plugs into a wired 4 sound Dac-1 then into the receiver via analog.
It sounded great and played very loud in my testing.

Oddly, blu-rays, cable etc are much quieter and I needed to crank them up much higher for good room shaking listening - not sure what's going on there yet but it's clearly not the speakers. Wondering if the amp puts out less wattage if driving more speakers. Could consider something like the outlaw audio monoblock 200s to drive the 3 front speakers and offload the amp, or even do that and let the receiver drive the surrounds and get rid of the current amp. But I'll wait for the new kit to come in and see how it sounds and if I can tune it.

Thanks for the advice and for helping me spend money :-)...

Something to consider, Oppo will be releasing their new UHD player soon and you may want that over the 105D?

www.oppodigital.com/uhd/

I also have the Outlaw 7700 powering my T1s and SC XXL, it is rated at 200 watts/channel with all 7 channels driven so there is plenty of power there to shake your room. You may want to look at your processor and its Audyssey calibration. It might have your channel levels turned down.

As a side note, I upgraded from the Marantz 7702 to the 8802A and there was a noticeable increase in sound quality, especially for high res audio. I believe it's a worthwhile upgrade if you get the itch to replace your 7701.

Enjoy those monster T1s!!!!
7.2.4: Triton Ref Towers (L/R), SuperCenter XXL (C), SuperSat 3's (Surr), Triton 5 Towers (R Surr) & Invisa HTR 7000 x 4
Subwoofers: SVS SB16 x 2
Processor: Anthem AVM 60
Amp: Outlaw Audio 7700 & Emotiva Gen 3 (Ceiling)
Display: Epson 5040UB + Screen Innovations Series 7 Zero Edge Black Diamond 110"

• Elite Member
  • Elite Member
  • Lovin' GET T1s
Hi jcbundy,

Yah saw that new oppo coming out, but wondering if it's audio-phile-ish (cheaper than 105D and seemingly not labeled audiophile). But something to consider.

Actually I have the outlaw 770 - the predecessor to the 7700! Been in the rack a long long time.
Had a look at the 7701 and didn't see anything decreasing the speaker audio but I'll have another look.
Hmm, I'll have a peak at the 8802a but the bill is already large!

Moderators: Moderator
menu
close
Menu
person_outline
arrow_back
You are here: Home Forum Support Triton Series TritonCinema "Best" HT setup from GT