• Pbgalvin's Avatar Offline school
  • Elite Member
  • Elite Member
  • Lovin' GET T1s
    • Thank you received: 633
  • arrow_drop_downMore arrow_drop_upLess
Pbgalvin Posted 7 years 8 months ago
Hi, new to this forum.
I have a pair of Triton Ones in my 2 channel setup. That's made my HT setup pretty much unlistenable for music :-).

So thinking about upgrading the HT with GET, but it's not really clear from the product list etc what the "best" set of speakers to get (from GET :-) would be. It's in a very large room so need to move lots of air. I currently have a 5.1 setup. I could think about a 7.1 but would need to run new wires etc so will probably just do 5.1.

Certainly Triton Ones for mains.
I assume supercenter XXL for center.
I have a good subwoofer I might keep.
Not quite clear what to use as surrounds?
I have a pretty good old amp (Outlaw audio) that I might keep
The preamp is Marantz but without the newest surround features so might want to update that.

Advice would be excellent. Thanks.

--Peter
2 channel -> GeT Ones.R, Rogue RP-7 pre, Kinki Studio B7 Monoblock amps fed by Oppo 105D, SonicTransport, OpticalRendu w/ 200,000 tracks, Rega RP8 w/ Garrott OPTIM S3 FGS Ruby + Sutherland 20/20 phono pre, PS Audio Powerplant 20
HT -> Marantz 7703, Butler Audio T5150 amp, GeT Ref mains
The following user(s) said Thank You: T Cobe

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• rjohn79395's Avatar Offline
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • rjohn79395
    • Thank you received: 4322
rjohn79395 Posted 7 years 8 months ago

Pbgalvin wrote: Hi, new to this forum.
I have a pair of Triton Ones in my 2 channel setup. That's made my HT setup pretty much unlistenable for music :-).

So thinking about upgrading the HT with GET, but it's not really clear from the product list etc what the "best" set of speakers to get (from GET :-) would be. It's in a very large room so need to move lots of air. I currently have a 5.1 setup. I could think about a 7.1 but would need to run new wires etc so will probably just do 5.1.

Certainly Triton Ones for mains.
I assume supercenter XXL for center.
I have a good subwoofer I might keep.
Not quite clear what to use as surrounds?
I have a pretty good old amp (Outlaw audio) that I might keep
The preamp is Marantz but without the newest surround features so might want to update that.

Advice would be excellent. Thanks.

--Peter

Hey, Peter

Great question, and I'm sure lots of good GEt answers.

My own preferences:

For center, The SCXXL is a PERFECT match with the T1's. Voicing, clarity, everything.

For surrounds, I like some bass "beef" in the surrounds area, either from the surrounds themselves, or from sub help. Aons or Invisa MPX for wall mount come to mind, or other speakers in the Invisa series for ceiling mount (Invisa's have surprisingly good bass extension). With a sub filling in back there, Supersats would work well also.

The whole family of GEt speakers blend together so well, you can't go wrong with any of the above. For me, bass/beef for the surround action scenes in the surround area is critical, so as long as there is a good bass presence there for effect, it works. I've yet to hear an all GEt surround set-up that doesn't provide an amazing sound envelope.

Good luck and let us know what you decide!

Rick
5.4.4 HT speakers: T Ref fronts/LFE 1, SuperCenter Ref, T1 surrounds/LFE 2 + SuperSub XXL, HTR 7000 top fronts, HTR 8000 top rears
Zone 2 speakers; 2 Invisa 525's
AVR: Marantz SR 8015
Amp: AT525NC 5 channel
Cable/TiVo, OPPO BDP 105D, Bluesound Node 2i, Apple tv 4K streamer
48" SONY 4K OLED TV

• T Cobe's Avatar Offline
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
    • Thank you received: 4381
T Cobe Posted 7 years 8 months ago
Peter,

Oh brother, you went and did it now! Asking this group to help you spend money will certainly open up Pandora's box! As Rick said, it's hard to go wrong with an all GET setup. Before I add anything on top of his sage advice, what constraints do you have: budget, room, WAF, etc.?

Cheers,

T Cobe
Speakers: Triton One L/R, SCXL, Aon 3 Surr/Back, HTR-7000 Height
Pre/Pro/AVR: Anthem AVM 60, Emotiva XSP-1
Amps: Emotiva XPA-5(2), Emotiva XPA-1L (2)
Sources: Oppo BDP-103D, Emotiva ERC-3, PS4, Pioneer PLX-1000 w/Ortofon 2M Bronze
Display: Epson 6030 UB, Elite Screens 110" Sable
The following user(s) said Thank You: rjohn79395

• Pbgalvin's Avatar Offline school
  • Elite Member
  • Elite Member
  • Lovin' GET T1s
    • Thank you received: 633
Pbgalvin Posted 7 years 8 months ago
Thanks guys.
When I get home I'll take a picture and post it so you know what I'm up against :-).
WAF of the Triton Ones will be better than my current speakers so that's great.
I guess surprised that there aren't any purpose built surrounds by GET - those bookshelf speakers would look very odd mounted high on my walls (where my current surrounds are).
Budget is "high - looking for great value though" :-).
Room is very large - it's our living room / dining room / kitchen - great room with cathedral ceilings - thus the need for speakers that move air.
2 channel -> GeT Ones.R, Rogue RP-7 pre, Kinki Studio B7 Monoblock amps fed by Oppo 105D, SonicTransport, OpticalRendu w/ 200,000 tracks, Rega RP8 w/ Garrott OPTIM S3 FGS Ruby + Sutherland 20/20 phono pre, PS Audio Powerplant 20
HT -> Marantz 7703, Butler Audio T5150 amp, GeT Ref mains

• Moderator's Avatar Offline
    • Thank you received: 3416
Moderator Posted 7 years 8 months ago

Pbgalvin wrote: I guess surprised that there aren't any purpose built surrounds by GET - those bookshelf speakers would look very odd mounted high on my walls (where my current surrounds are).

No such thing anymore, all speakers should be basically the same. The SuperSat on wall speakers are our typical system surround speaker choice, although Triton Towers, Aon bookshelves, Invisa in wall or in ceiling, are all perfect surround speakers. Just pick what fits your particular needs.

• T Cobe's Avatar Offline
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
    • Thank you received: 4381
T Cobe Posted 7 years 8 months ago
Peter,

New surround sound mixes are object based and the surrounds are meant to be at ear level. You could certainly wall amount if you wanted but a pair of T2s for surrounds would be great. I'd also recommend the Aons on a stand mount. Lastly, if floor space is an issue, I think the MPX would be my go to for in wall surrounds. The benefit of the Triton powered towers all the way around would be excellent bass dispersion. You may not even require a dedicated sub, but being the bass head that I am and as large as your room sounds, a SSXXL might be a nice addition with a pair of T5s as your surrounds.

There really are so many choices and all of the GET speakers are voiced so similarly, that whatever you pick is going to sound great. See, we're certainly helping you spend your money... :laugh:

Cheers,

T Cobe
Speakers: Triton One L/R, SCXL, Aon 3 Surr/Back, HTR-7000 Height
Pre/Pro/AVR: Anthem AVM 60, Emotiva XSP-1
Amps: Emotiva XPA-5(2), Emotiva XPA-1L (2)
Sources: Oppo BDP-103D, Emotiva ERC-3, PS4, Pioneer PLX-1000 w/Ortofon 2M Bronze
Display: Epson 6030 UB, Elite Screens 110" Sable

Moderators: Moderator
menu
close
Menu
person_outline
arrow_back
You are here: Home Forum Support Triton Series TritonCinema "Best" HT setup from GT