question-circle Help me deciding the amplifier

• WayneWilmeth's Avatar Offline
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
    • Thank you received: 7040
  • arrow_drop_downMore arrow_drop_upLess
WayneWilmeth Posted 8 years 10 months ago
Hey Umer,
Two things, I am fond of the Aons far above the SSs. But that is just my opinion. Others would disagree.
They may not be as easy to use for surrounds as the SSs, but will sound better, IMHO.
Have you listened to the Aons and compared them to the SuperSats?
As to equalizer, I am not sure you mean YPAO, or another. YPAO, is room correction and unless it really messes with the sound is OK and sometimes needed. An equalizer messes with the soud and is usually not good.
These are just opinions and you really have to go with what sounds the best to you.
Your comments sound like you have a good ear, so trust your own senses.
Hope this helps,
God Bless,
Wayne
God bless the child that's got his own.
The following user(s) said Thank You: T Cobe

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Moderator's Avatar Offline
    • Thank you received: 3416
Moderator Posted 8 years 10 months ago

Umer Hameed wrote: I ran YPAO and got the results according to which my centre would be LARGE, my front also LARGE, surrounds to small and crossover at 160Hz. YPAO also tweak something in equalizer which i kind of like as it makes the dialogues more clear.

If there is a sub in the system none of the speakers in your setup should be set to LARGE. If you only have one crossover setting, select all speakers as small and use a 80Hz or 100Hz crossover. You will get much better results that way, especially in terms of dynamics and bass response.
The following user(s) said Thank You: WayneWilmeth, T Cobe, Umer Hameed

• murphyslaw1978's Avatar Offline
  • Elite Member
  • Elite Member
    • Thank you received: 337
murphyslaw1978 Posted 8 years 10 months ago
It seems a bit strange to see your fronts and center set to large if you have a FF5. What is the crossover on that? Where is it located in the room?

-12 to -8 dB on the AVR doesn't tell me much about loudness. That would be in the high 90dB in my room, which is quite loud.
7.1 today, moving to 7.1.4 tomorrow
(2) Triton Two - front mains
(1) Sat 60C - center
(2) Sat 50s - sides
(2) Sat 50s - rear
(2) DIY 18" Stereo Integrity subs, 1100w each
The following user(s) said Thank You: WayneWilmeth, T Cobe

• WayneWilmeth's Avatar Offline
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
    • Thank you received: 7040
WayneWilmeth Posted 8 years 10 months ago
Hey Umer,
These guys beat me to it, but you have your T7s set to Large, that is incorrect.
You are in for a treat when you set them to small and a 80 Hz crossover to your FF5.
THEN the B & W speakers will be no contest either, OK< I may be prejudiced!!!!!
Please try it and let us know what you think?
Happy listening, God Bless, Wayne
God bless the child that's got his own.
The following user(s) said Thank You: T Cobe

• Umer Hameed's Avatar Offline school
    • Thank you received: 52
Umer Hameed Posted 8 years 10 months ago

murphyslaw1978 wrote: It seems a bit strange to see your fronts and center set to large if you have a FF5. What is the crossover on that? Where is it located in the room?

-12 to -8 dB on the AVR doesn't tell me much about loudness. That would be in the high 90dB in my room, which is quite loud.

The crossover dial on the FF5 is set to the maximum dial which is i think 180. In that way i am able to use the crossover set by my amp. I will test tonight by setting the crossover at 100 HZ and my fronts to small and will let u know about the results.

The location of the subwoofer is between multimedia table and the triton seven right tower.

Just to give u an idea, In yamaha receivers volume starts from -75 db . when we increase the volume to 0 it means i am listening at 75db. So according to this -8db means around 67db. I hope u can understand now and guide me according to this.
Triton Two
Super Centre XL
Super Centre 3
Yamaha Rx V1900
Kimber 8 TC Speaker Cable
Oelbach Subwoofer Cable
Popcorn Hour V-ten
Logitech Harmony Ultimate Touch

• Umer Hameed's Avatar Offline school
    • Thank you received: 52
Umer Hameed Posted 8 years 10 months ago
Last edit: 8 years 10 months ago by Umer Hameed. info_outline

Moderator wrote:

Umer Hameed wrote: I ran YPAO and got the results according to which my centre would be LARGE, my front also LARGE, surrounds to small and crossover at 160Hz. YPAO also tweak something in equalizer which i kind of like as it makes the dialogues more clear.

If there is a sub in the system none of the speakers in your setup should be set to LARGE. If you only have one crossover setting, select all speakers as small and use a 80Hz or 100Hz crossover. You will get much better results that way, especially in terms of dynamics and bass response.

I have already tried by setting the triton 7 and super centre XL at small but somehow i like triton 7 set to large and super centre XL to small. But i will try again and will listen this setting for two or three good days then i will let u know and seek guidance if required.

One problem which i am facing is the bass resonance in the dialogue from centre and the fronts may be due to my room acoustics or setting. After running the YPAO Equalizer this muddiness gone. Just to give u an idea this equalizer set the frequency of front 63HZ to -7db and of the 140Hz to -5 same as to the right speaker and of the centre speaker.

What shoud i do in this situation. Should is use the equalizer settings?
Triton Two
Super Centre XL
Super Centre 3
Yamaha Rx V1900
Kimber 8 TC Speaker Cable
Oelbach Subwoofer Cable
Popcorn Hour V-ten
Logitech Harmony Ultimate Touch

Moderators: Moderator
menu
close
Menu
person_outline
arrow_back
You are here: Home Forum Support Triton Series TritonCinema Help me deciding the amplifier