question-circle Help me deciding the amplifier

• Umer Hameed's Avatar Offline school
    • Thank you received: 52
  • arrow_drop_downMore arrow_drop_upLess
Umer Hameed Posted 8 years 10 months ago
Hi there everyone. I recently bought Triton 7, Super centre XL , Super Sat 3 for surround and forcefeild 5. I am in a phase of setting these up and found myself in alot of confusion and fuss. So here i am asking help from the experts of this support forum.

First i want to ask about the amplifier. Right now i have the yamaha Rx V1900 135 watt/ch (written in the specs :lol: ) . Guide me is this amplifier will drive my 5.1 efficiently? . How u guys compare this with Denon X3000 ? What do u recommend?

And Secondly , Are Super Sat 3's are good for surround for movie pupose or should i go with AON 3?

I do listen music but occasionally in stereo not in multi channel . SO my useage is 90% movies and 10% jazz music. Hope u people will help me out.
Triton Two
Super Centre XL
Super Centre 3
Yamaha Rx V1900
Kimber 8 TC Speaker Cable
Oelbach Subwoofer Cable
Popcorn Hour V-ten
Logitech Harmony Ultimate Touch
The following user(s) said Thank You: WayneWilmeth, T Cobe

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• WayneWilmeth's Avatar Offline
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
    • Thank you received: 7040
WayneWilmeth Posted 8 years 10 months ago
Hi Umer,
Congratulations on building yourself a GREAT system!!!!! Good luck on fine tuning and improving it.
I had to go read a couple of reviews about your Yammy receiver to know what to suggest.
Those reviews lead me to think that you are good to go with the RX V1900 for now. No, I am sure it is not the last word on beautiful sounding power, but I imagine it is great for you right now.
IMHO, I would go with the Aon 3s as surrounds before I worry about a better receiver or some separates (processor and amps--which would be a nice move up in the future).
OR save up for a while and buy some Triton 2s for the front and move the T7s to the surrounds, and the SSs to the rear for a 7.1 system.
All in all, you are on a totally awesome RIGHT TRACK and are making great choices so far!!!!
Well done, enjoy the movies along the way, enjoy the ride of building the best system you can,
Hope this helps,
God Bless, Wayne
God bless the child that's got his own.
The following user(s) said Thank You: T Cobe, Umer Hameed

• murphyslaw1978's Avatar Offline
  • Elite Member
  • Elite Member
    • Thank you received: 337
murphyslaw1978 Posted 8 years 10 months ago
Last edit: 8 years 10 months ago by murphyslaw1978. Reason: Spelling info_outline
There's no good way to know if you have enough power, because there doesn't seem to be a review of all-channels-driven test of your AVR. We also don't know how loud you listen to movies. That said, it looks like you're offloading the amp given your FF5 and assuming you're doing bass management. And you're not using two of the 7 AVR channels, which helps offload the power supply in your AVR.

I would get a cheap SPL meter and let it run during a typical movie. I hit 95dB peaks most movies, so that's easily 10 watts per channel in my system. Some AVRs can only do 20-30 watts all channels driven, others much more. Does your AVR have pre-outs?
7.1 today, moving to 7.1.4 tomorrow
(2) Triton Two - front mains
(1) Sat 60C - center
(2) Sat 50s - sides
(2) Sat 50s - rear
(2) DIY 18" Stereo Integrity subs, 1100w each
The following user(s) said Thank You: WayneWilmeth, T Cobe, Umer Hameed

Thanks for suggesting me the multiple options . I will definitely look into them in future. Does Aon3 really improve the whole 5.1 system as compared to my super sat 3 in surround? . Let me tell u one thing, My receiver have only one crossover point i cant set them different for different channels. I ran YPAO and got the results according to which my centre would be LARGE, my front also LARGE, surrounds to small and crossover at 160Hz. YPAO also tweak something in equalizer which i kind of like as it makes the dialogues more clear. Before Ypao vocals generated by speakers were somehow heavy and bassy. May be due to the room accoustics. So what do u people recommend about the Equalizer,? Should i set it on or off? As every kind of equalizers should be off according to goldenear tips in this website.

Thanks for helping
Triton Two
Super Centre XL
Super Centre 3
Yamaha Rx V1900
Oelbach Subwoofer Cable
Popcorn Hour V-ten

Dear Murphyslaw

Thanks for replying and willing to help me out here. yes my receiver have pre out. When i ran YPAO in my receiver it set the level on my speakers as follows
Front L +1.5
Front R +1
Centre +1
Sur L -0.5
Sur R -1
Sub -1.5

It sets my front speakers to Large , Centr to Large also and Surround to small, Cross over 160Hz

Distance from front channels is about 16 ft

So normally i listen upto -8 to -12db considering 0db as the reference level in my Avr.

Is it ok to use the amplifier? Am i Doing justice to my speakers? :dry:
Triton Two
Super Centre XL
Super Centre 3
Yamaha Rx V1900
Oelbach Subwoofer Cable
Popcorn Hour V-ten

One more thing may be this would be out of context but i think this is best place to solve my curiosity about this. My friend has been using Bowers and wilkins 683 and insisted that B&w 683 are still superior to Goldenear triton 7. I never found the chance for head to head comparison. i compare triton 7 with jmlab focal 726 . it easily put the focal 726 to shame. But what about b&w 683? Anyone ever compared or listen to them both? is B&w 683 really better than Triton 7? Or it is due to my setup or my receiver that cause my friend to conclude that 683 are better?
Triton Two
Super Centre XL
Super Centre 3
Yamaha Rx V1900
Oelbach Subwoofer Cable
Popcorn Hour V-ten

Moderators: Moderator
menu
close
Menu
person_outline
arrow_back
You are here: Home Forum Support Triton Series TritonCinema Help me deciding the amplifier