file Home Theater Coming Soon

• anthem's Avatar Offline
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
    • Thank you received: 9175
  • arrow_drop_downMore arrow_drop_upLess
anthem Posted 10 years 4 months ago
OH HAPPY DAY, HAPPY DAY, OH HAPPY DAY...BET IT'S HARD TOO SLEEP!! :cheer:
D-Sonic m3a-600m Mono > McIntosh MC152 > Primaluna ProLogue Premium Preamp > Oppo UDP205 > Decware ZLC > Triton Reference > Isoacoustics Gaia 2 > Canare 4S11 Speaker Cables > Audience Forte 3, Anticable L3 & Shunyata Venom PC's

Every great performance deserves an Audience!
The following user(s) said Thank You: WayneWilmeth

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• WayneWilmeth's Avatar Offline school
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
    • Thank you received: 7040
WayneWilmeth Posted 10 years 4 months ago
Last edit: 10 years 4 months ago by WayneWilmeth. Reason: can't type info_outline
We had a little progress the past coupla days.
Got some seating in, courtesy of Lazy Boy, and got some rear of the theater curtains.
The front curtains had to be sent back for a little more work, they were not right.
The shelves on the sides are for DVDs and CDs.
Will update more as and when,
God Bless,
Wayne
God bless the child that's got his own.
Attachments:
The following user(s) said Thank You: anthem

• Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
Got in the indirect lighting, it is LED. And the ceiling fan is supposed to be a quiet one, it is DC power. Seems quiet to me, and it has one LED spotlight.

Moved over the entertainment center, and am starting to put it together now. I have asked for my Tritons to be shipped up here, but no response on that as of yet.

God Bless, Wayne
Attachments:

• Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
OK y'all, my lovely wife got curtains up in the home theater, then asked them to make us some pillows out of the curtain material.
We got in the television, and now the rugs for the floor came. (we could not find a decent carpet that looked good, nor one that had any sound absorbent qualities at all!!!)
I am ready now for the Tritons which are to come in one week. A new power stabilizer is coming along too as well as a music file player. That should round out the theater.
Coming soon, indeed.
Sorry the pics are not better.
Stay warm,
God Bless, Wayne
The following user(s) said Thank You: anthem, Sloppy

• Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
HOLY MOLY!!!!!!!
It is like Christmas Day all over again here. My lovely Tritons have come home today!!!!!!
I got a pair of 2s and 3s finally through the front doors today. Along with a loaner FF5 for me to try out.
First of all, let me say how great it is that somebody actually knows what kind of box to put speakers in. It is a VERY thoughtful move to make the top flap, where the tape has to be cut, over on the side, NOT down the middle, where an errant knife can do damage. Well done GE Tech!!!!!!!!!
I was a little disappointed that no cables came with either pair of speakers, they did send one with the FF5 though. I have cables so I can play music, and I think my distributor will supply good cables, he said he will, but he is at CES right now, so perhaps later.

OK, so far I have only set up the 3s in the home theater, and they are breaking in with around 45 watts of tube power playing them. I had to turn down the amp WAY down, these babies are efficient!!!!!!
AND they sound GREAT right outta the box!!!!!
I started off with the bass set to 12 oclock. And have not found any reason to change it yet. WOW there is BASS!!!!!
The 2s will probably live here in the home theater, but IF the 3s do all I want here, then the 2s will better fill the BIG living room we got. But this is ground zero for listening, so whoever plays the best here will get to stay.
I am just using the rubber feet right now, until I know who plays where?
But I did find already that a small position change of the speaker yields big changes, I will have to play around to find the best spot for them.
Right now a new amp, new speakers and new cables are all breaking in.
I will keep you posted and send pics as things progress.
God Bless,
Wayne

• anthem's Avatar Offline
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
    • Thank you received: 9175
anthem Posted 10 years 4 months ago
CONGRATULATIONS WAYNE, I say that with all sincerity. I looked through the forum user list and it says you became a member on September 13, 2012. As of January 14, 2014 you are truly a member... welcome to the club.

As it regards the Tritons and the power cords, mine came supplied. Could have been a manufacturing over site, your dealer will probably take care of this.

All speakers, at least for me, are a bit finiky on setup/placement and the Tritons are no exception.... time and patience.

Again I say congratulations, I know you will have many hours of musical enjoyment.

ENJOY YOUR TRITONS!!
D-Sonic m3a-600m Mono > McIntosh MC152 > Primaluna ProLogue Premium Preamp > Oppo UDP205 > Decware ZLC > Triton Reference > Isoacoustics Gaia 2 > Canare 4S11 Speaker Cables > Audience Forte 3, Anticable L3 & Shunyata Venom PC's

Every great performance deserves an Audience!
The following user(s) said Thank You: WayneWilmeth

Moderators: Moderator
menu
close
Menu
person_outline
arrow_back
You are here: Home Forum Advanced Topics Music, Home Theater, Gaming Home Theater Coming Soon