file Home Theater Coming Soon

• Moderator's Avatar Offline
    • Thank you received: 3416
  • arrow_drop_downMore arrow_drop_upLess
Moderator Posted 10 years 4 months ago
That's great news Wayne, looking forward to hearing all your feedback as you get things setup and dialed in. Enjoy!
The following user(s) said Thank You: WayneWilmeth

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• WayneWilmeth's Avatar Offline school
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
    • Thank you received: 7040
WayneWilmeth Posted 10 years 4 months ago
Thanks Bro Anthem to share my excitement!!!
When my distributor gets back from CES I am sure he will take care of the cables problem. He told me before that he wanted to supply some really good cables, but somehow they did not get included in the boxes.
This guy is really great to work with. In addition to giving me good prices, he is letting me audition lots of good equipment, including the FF 5 as I mentioned. But he is also letting me audition the Cocktail audio X30 server, and two Vincent amps.
It should be VERY easy to get two great quality systems up and running. Course, it could (should say WILL) cost me.
Nobody said this hobby was cheap, but it is FUN!!!!!
Will keep the forum updated, including you my friend.
God Bless,
Wayne
God bless the child that's got his own.
The following user(s) said Thank You: anthem

• Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
Just saw your comment Moderator Dude, thanks!!!
I have a LOT of dialing in to do, and experimentation.
Will keep you guys informed and probably be asking lots of questions too.
Right now I am struggling with a new voltage stabilizer that, last night at least, could not stay on. It says that the voltage was all over the place, it is committed to putting out 220V but the input was dropping down to less than 185, so it was shutting down. The longest it played uninterrupted was 30 mins, but most times it was 2-5 mins.
I do not have the Tritons on the stabilizer, only the CD and DVD player at this time.
Will see what today brings,
Blessings,
Wayne

• Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
Well the tube amp sitting not far from the T3s side woofer wake did not work well. Talk about micro-phonics. So I moved the 3s into the living room and the T2s into the home theater. Since I was doing that, I decided to go ahead and move the tube amp out as well, they did sound great together. And set up the Vincent SP-T100 mono tube-hybrid amps. They play the first 10 watts in Class A.
I have wanted to hear these for some time now. Decided to try them with the T2s and WOW, they sound great, both amps and speakers straight out of the boxes.
It was much easier to start to dial in the position of the 2s, since the 3s had already showed me pretty much were things needed to be.
I played a CD I use for testing my system, Japanese dudes playing jazz I guess it is, called the "Three Blind Mice". The second cut has some very closely miked instruments, especially piano. The high notes can really cut right through and glare. It was almost painful to listen to on my old system. BUT not with the Tritons (2s or 3s, both handled it well) with some tubes thrown in. I can't say I like the music, but it was very listenable, still strong detail, sharp sounds, but NO GLARE.
I am very happy with how the furniture and the rugs have tamed the reflections in the room. They are all the room treatment I have as yet. WELL, I put my DVDS and CDS all around the room on shelves, and I tried to be sure that both the rear corners held all the movies and CDs that SUCK. That has got to work like bass traps. Right?
God Bless,
Wayne
The following user(s) said Thank You: Dark

• anthem's Avatar Offline
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
    • Thank you received: 9175
anthem Posted 10 years 4 months ago
Hey Wayne sounds like you're having a blast. Have you tried your Bel Canto's yet? I can't remember which model you have. I read a report in Stereophile by K. Robinson in which he reviewed the Bel Canto Ref 1000m mono block and absolutely loved them. I almost bought a pair. Which particular Vincent model are you auditioning? How's the voltage stabilizer doing?

God Bless You, Wayne
D-Sonic m3a-600m Mono > McIntosh MC152 > Primaluna ProLogue Premium Preamp > Oppo UDP205 > Decware ZLC > Triton Reference > Isoacoustics Gaia 2 > Canare 4S11 Speaker Cables > Audience Forte 3, Anticable L3 & Shunyata Venom PC's

Every great performance deserves an Audience!

• Dark's Avatar Offline
    • Thank you received: 109
Dark Posted 10 years 4 months ago
Great to hear you are finally able to try out your new systems!

I have a couple questions about your experience thus far.
Did you think the T2s were a bit harder to position properly compared to the T3s?
What are your thoughts thus far between the T2 and T3?

Moderators: Moderator
menu
close
Menu
person_outline
arrow_back
You are here: Home Forum Advanced Topics Music, Home Theater, Gaming Home Theater Coming Soon