file Home Theater Coming Soon

• WayneWilmeth's Avatar Offline school
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
    • Thank you received: 7040
  • arrow_drop_downMore arrow_drop_upLess
WayneWilmeth Posted 10 years 4 months ago
Hi Dark and all,
Thanks for your kind words and questions.
Actually I already wrote a bit about this on another thread I started under Roll your own review==Triton Series.
But it just now posted. So you can check that out.
But I will try to answer your questions the best I can. But let me say that I have not listened to any music before in this environment, and I am certainly not an expert like the Moderator Dude and some of the members here.
AND I have waited so dang long to get these to my new home, and it has been soooo long since being able to sit and relax in my own place and play music or watch a movie with great surround sound, been soooooo long that my comments might be skewed like a starving man commenting on how delicious a meal is. Ha ha
OK, sorry, I do feel I can be more objective than that.
Dark, I can't really say for sure that I have the T2s dialed in properly in position yet. Honestly, I spent a good bit of jump up and move then sit and listen time with the T3s, and then when I put the T2s in, I put them roughly the same place as the T3s sounded good, and that seemed to work well.
Our family really wanted me to get the surround sound up and running so we could use the home theater to watch a movie, so I left there and have been enjoying them. And we got to watch our fist movie here tonight.
I have to say that the 2s helped to enjoy a movie as we don't have any other sub set up at this time. The 3s did not have as much bass as I like for movies. IF I were not an unrepentant bass head, I am sure the 2s give enough bass for most families to not miss a separate sub.
For 2 channel music., so far I MIGHT hazard a guess that the 3s are enough for nearly anybody, especially if they like the Norah J. and Diana K. type music, chamber music or smaller room rock and roll.
For large orchestra or rock and roll if you need lots of dynamics and bass, I would say go for the 2s.
Having said that, I heard nothing at all wrong with the smaller boys. AND at this moment I have David Gilmour on the DVD in his Meltdown concert playing, he on the guitar, a gal playing the cello on the right, behind him is an upright bass, to the left a brother is on the oboe, behind him another guitar is being plucked, on the far right are backup singers, and ALL are playing with finesse, awesome clarity and correctly positioned on the soundstage.
I will probably wear this word out, but it just all sounds NATURAL.
Will try to tell you more when I come back in a week or two and have more time to listen to the 3s, set up in another room, smaller system.
I hope this helps,
and hope everyone is enjoying tunes as much as I am.
God Bless, Wayne
God bless the child that's got his own.
The following user(s) said Thank You: anthem

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
Bro Anthem,
We just got finished watching the second Narnia movie, Prince Caspian. In our new home theater. What a blessing!!!!!!!
The voltage stabilizer has worked now for 24 hours without shutting down, SOOOO thankful for that turnaround.
I hope and pray it continues to work that way.
I have the Bel Canto eVo6 running in bridged, 3 channel output. LOTS of power, but not really needed, (they run cool and easy on the elect. though) I am running the center channel and the left and right surround channels on it. I hope to get around to trying it on the Tritons, as well as the other class D amps I have on the rear surrounds.
But right now I am trying out the Vincent SP-T100s since I have them here for audition.
You can check them out here if you want. www.vincent-tac.de/en/product-lines/tubeline/sp-t100.html
They will need to prove to be a good bit better than my old Mondial Aragon 4004 Mk II if they are gonna stay. They run warm, and look cool as can be with a tube shining through the front.
So far, both the 2s and 3s have been fed on tube amps, or at least, in this case, some tubes with some transistors. I am afraid I am becoming a big believer in tubes. So that Aragon might get kicked to my daughter's system.
I am truly, wildly, wonderfully blessed.
Thanks Anthem for your kind support,
God Bless, Wayne

• anthem's Avatar Offline
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
    • Thank you received: 9175
anthem Posted 10 years 4 months ago
Hey Bro. Wayne (compadre): I was thinking today ( I know that's dangerous) do you need a house sitter to babysit your Triton's and new amps while you're at work? I would love to apply for the job. I require no salary, all I ask is if I can bring my Wife, Mindy and Candy along. I think the four of us could do justice to your gear, although your Triton's may become saxophone dependent--ha-ha.

I took a look at the Vincent SP-T100, nice looking Mono's. Looked at one review in particular and the phrase "they add a very slight gold glow" was quoted. The reviewer also said they need 150 hours break-in before they strut their stuff. When he hit 150 hours it was almost like night and day difference, at least that's the impression I came away with. My only concern would be does it have enough watts (100) and headroom for the type of music you listen too. He auditioned it against a Bryston (300 watts) and the Bryston had more slam and headroom. If you live with them day after day, month after month, year after year, will they have the dynamics and headroom you need and desire? Points to ponder....

Wishing you the best
Anthem...the boy from Kansas
D-Sonic m3a-600m Mono > McIntosh MC152 > Primaluna ProLogue Premium Preamp > Oppo UDP205 > Decware ZLC > Triton Reference > Isoacoustics Gaia 2 > Canare 4S11 Speaker Cables > Audience Forte 3, Anticable L3 & Shunyata Venom PC's

Every great performance deserves an Audience!
The following user(s) said Thank You: WayneWilmeth

• Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
Hey Anthem, you and your wife get on your red shoes and click them together twice, and you might not be in Kansas any more. Course you might not be in Thailand either. ha ha Oh, during a tornado is the best time to get transported to somewhere else. That goes for Kansas and Okla. Not sure red shoes are needed.
But you and your wife are welcome any time. Candy is welcome too, from her pictures though I get the idea that she might get both of us in trouble with our wives.
Yes, I read that SoundStage review, unfortunately it is about the only thing one can read.
And he was playing the amps into Maggies, a tough load, much tougher than the Tritons.
I have been testing your question out today. The kid is at school and the wife working in other parts of the house, I have been enjoying Stokowski on a LIVING STEREO SACD playing Rhapsodies from Liszt to Wagner. LOUD. My wife came and closed the door to the home theater. Then she came again and asked me to turn it down. These Tritons ROCK OLD SCHOOL!!!!!
I did not hear any compression, nor hints of clipping from the Vincents either.
Yes, the amps still need more break in time to reportedly sound their best. The Tritons as well, prossibly, though they are sounding great already, the cables too.
I can't for the life of me seem to find a repeat button anywhere to just play music around the clock. So come on over and keep hitting play for me during the night.
Oh, and this system is revealing enough for me as it is. IF there is a golden glow around everything, I can't really hear it. Enough detail for me. There could possibly be a touch more 'air' up there in the highest region, but not music.
IF it gets any better than this, it just won't be fair.
Come see us, the best to you and your wife too, blessings,
Wayne

• anthem's Avatar Offline
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
    • Thank you received: 9175
anthem Posted 10 years 3 months ago
Last edit: 10 years 3 months ago by anthem. info_outline
Hi Wayne; thanks for the invite. I know you're having a grand time with your gear, I know that feeling (believe me). I'm truly interested in your gear and how it's setup. In the HT room, I want to know what the audio setup is ....amps, preamps, sources, speaker cable, power cables, interconnects, conditioners etc. Would also like to know the retail cost of each component. Can't help but love the HT/Audiophile hobby. B)
D-Sonic m3a-600m Mono > McIntosh MC152 > Primaluna ProLogue Premium Preamp > Oppo UDP205 > Decware ZLC > Triton Reference > Isoacoustics Gaia 2 > Canare 4S11 Speaker Cables > Audience Forte 3, Anticable L3 & Shunyata Venom PC's

Every great performance deserves an Audience!
The following user(s) said Thank You: WayneWilmeth

• Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
WayneWilmeth Posted 10 years 3 months ago
Hey Anthem, come over any time, seriously!!!!
Please see my other thread for more details.
Blessings, Wayne

Moderators: Moderator
menu
close
Menu
person_outline
arrow_back
You are here: Home Forum Advanced Topics Music, Home Theater, Gaming Home Theater Coming Soon