file GoldenEar DigitalAktiv speaker

• twotooneadam12's Avatar Offline school
    • Thank you received: 59
  • arrow_drop_downMore arrow_drop_upLess
twotooneadam12 Posted 6 years 4 months ago
Wasn’t sure where to put this, looks awesome though......www.soundandvision.com/content/goldenear...ve-speaker-prototype.

Might think about these with pairing to my tv in a nice 2 channel set up?
The following user(s) said Thank You: WayneWilmeth, rjohn79395, T Cobe, charliehatch

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• anthem's Avatar Offline
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
    • Thank you received: 9175
anthem Posted 6 years 4 months ago
Yes, looks like another GE Winner!
D-Sonic m3a-600m Mono > McIntosh MC152 > Primaluna ProLogue Premium Preamp > Oppo UDP205 > Decware ZLC > Triton Reference > Isoacoustics Gaia 2 > Canare 4S11 Speaker Cables > Audience Forte 3, Anticable L3 & Shunyata Venom PC's

Every great performance deserves an Audience!
Attachments:
The following user(s) said Thank You: WayneWilmeth, rjohn79395, T Cobe

• WayneWilmeth's Avatar Offline
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
    • Thank you received: 7040
WayneWilmeth Posted 6 years 4 months ago
Can't say that I really understand what I am looking at here.
I can see that there must be an amp in there. I am guessing? Is there also a DAC?
Volume control must come from the source?
Please Moderator Dude, fill us in when you have time.
Thanks, God bless,
Wayne
God bless the child that's got his own.
The following user(s) said Thank You: rjohn79395, T Cobe, HTSME

• anthem's Avatar Offline
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
    • Thank you received: 9175
anthem Posted 6 years 4 months ago
(January 9, 2018) GoldenEar Technology is officially entering the wireless space, showing its new prototype DigitalAktiv 3 (DA 3) ultra-high-performance compact bookshelf loudspeaker at CES 2018. The speaker is still in the design phase, but is projected to begin shipping sometime during Q3 or Q4 2018.

Externally, the DA 3 sports a gorgeous hand-polished piano-black monocoque cabinet that’s stylized to resemble GoldenEar’s loudspeaker lineup. The front side features a magnetically attached metal grille, a small LED display, and several functionality buttons. The rear carries dual RCA and single optical, USB, and 3.5mm inputs, along with a subwoofer output and a service outlet. Its driver array takes cues from the company’s Triton Reference speaker, utilizing a 6” cast-basket bass/midrange driver and an HVFR ribbon tweeter. Bass is further enhanced by two Inertially balanced 8” passive radiators.

According to Sandy Gross, the DA 3’s active drivers are driven by two separate power sources for reduced distortion and better driver control. These sources are fed from high-current voltage regulated DC rails designed to deliver consistent power during demanding music playback. The 6” bass/midrange driver is powered by a 200 Watt amp, while the tweeter is paired with a separate 60 Watt amp. All crossover functions – including frequency response and phase optimization – are handled by a powerful 56-bit digital signal processing engine.

[​IMG]
(AV NIRVANA)
Wirelessly speaking, the DA 3 carries both Bluetooth and Wi-Fi (2.4 and 5 Ghz) via Chromecast, allowing for music to be sourced from any Chromecast enabled handheld device or computer. Additionally, owners can link together two DA 3s via WISA radio to make a high-performance stereo pair.

Not ignoring the push toward convenience and whole-home operation, GoldenEar says the DA 3 will have voice command control via any Google Home device. Owners can also place DA 3s around their home in multiple zones, with independent control over volume and media playback.
D-Sonic m3a-600m Mono > McIntosh MC152 > Primaluna ProLogue Premium Preamp > Oppo UDP205 > Decware ZLC > Triton Reference > Isoacoustics Gaia 2 > Canare 4S11 Speaker Cables > Audience Forte 3, Anticable L3 & Shunyata Venom PC's

Every great performance deserves an Audience!
Attachments:
The following user(s) said Thank You: WayneWilmeth, rjohn79395, T Cobe, HTSME

• WayneWilmeth's Avatar Offline
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
    • Thank you received: 7040
WayneWilmeth Posted 6 years 4 months ago
thanks Bro Anthem, still does not answer my questions, but perhaps I am just too thick on new technology.
I am surprised to see two class A/B amps, rather than class D.
Glad they are not making too big a deal about the "wireless" aspect as I can see where at least 8 wires can go.
A little confused too about how two of them would work in stereo unless they are wired, but maybe these are being made
mostly with Bro Art and his mono music in mind?
I am sure that all will become clear if I just wait; and I agree, GEt probably has another winner coming soon.
God Bless,
Wayne
God bless the child that's got his own.
The following user(s) said Thank You: rjohn79395, T Cobe, HTSME

• Moderator's Avatar Offline
    • Thank you received: 3416
Moderator Posted 6 years 4 months ago
Last edit: 6 years 4 months ago by Moderator. info_outline

WayneWilmeth wrote: still does not answer my questions....
I am surprised to see two class A/B amps, rather than class D.
Glad they are not making too big a deal about the "wireless" aspect as I can see where at least 8 wires can go.
A little confused too about how two of them would work in stereo unless they are wired, but maybe these are being made
mostly with Bro Art and his mono music in mind?Wayne

Hi Wayne,
-Yes, two serious Class A/B amps, the equivalent of about a 350 watt amplifier driving a passive version.
-Bluetooth and Chromecast wireless built-in, analog input for traditional use, optical input for direct connection to a TV.
-If you buy one, it's mono playback of a stereo signal (a common use of wireless speakers)
-If you buy two for stereo use, the second is a drone that is connected wirelessly from the master.
Make sense?
The following user(s) said Thank You: WayneWilmeth, rjohn79395, T Cobe, HTSME

Moderators: Moderator
menu
close
Menu
person_outline
arrow_back
You are here: Home Forum Support Aon Series GoldenEar DigitalAktiv speaker