file Articulating Wall Mount for Aon 3's?

• tylerhawes's Avatar Offline
    • Thank you received: 5
  • arrow_drop_downMore arrow_drop_upLess
tylerhawes Posted 8 years 1 month ago

[]Moderator wrote:[/]

Back that up with some evidence or leave this kind of stuff out if you want to participate here.

It seems people appreciated my post, and it's based on real-world testing and experience, so I'm not really sure what your problem is "Moderator". You can be sure, though, with that sort of moderating going on, you wouldn't have to worry much about me continuing to participate, as I won't have the patience for this sort of Internet machismo.

I'd much rather have some heavy duty screws holding my speakers on the mount than just some side pressure, which seems like an accident waiting to happen.

It's my stated opinion of what I would rather have and what seems more secure to me. I don't need evidence to prove this is my opinion, it's self-evident. I think people could understand why someone might feel more secure with screws than pressure, so I'm not going to explain that. Everyone's free to their own opinion.

... My only note is you will have to drill holes into the back of your speaker for the screws,

It's a simple fact that you need to screw the Vantage Point mounts into the speakers in order for them to work. They aren't compatible with the keyholes. I suppose I could have linked to a manual or provided pictures or something? Do people need to include bibliographies with their posts here?

... Golden Ear was no help (they were actually pretty dismissive, sadly)

OK that one I didn't elaborate on, although I could (but I don't think you're really inviting me to). But now I don't need to, since you've made your post and it does the job for me. Thanks!
--
Tyler
My setup: 11.2 channels w/ 3 x Aon 3 mains, 8 x Aon 2 high/wide/surrounds, 2 x Forcefield 5 subs. Marantz AV8801 processor. 3 x Parasound A 51 amps. Oppo BPD-103D.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Moderator's Avatar Offline
    • Thank you received: 3416
Moderator Posted 8 years 1 month ago
Yikes, I don't think you could possibly have misinterpreted (or misunderstood) what I wrote any worse. YOU said "Golden Ear was no help (they were actually pretty dismissive, sadly)". And I called bull***t, plain and simple. Back it up (show us an email from GoldenEar where they were dismissive) or screw off with that kind of stuff, it's dishonest and serves no purpose in this forum. This comment from the moderator had nothing to do with your opinions about mounting Aon speakers - see that below.

My role as moderator is to let people share opinions, like you are doing, and only moderate when someone's opinion is wrong, or misguided, and/or will confuse/mislead other forum readers. I was pointing out to others that: 1) Holes/Drilling Locations already exist for mounting from the back, 2) The speaker should only be supported from the back/top edge, or the bottom, and 3) The speaker should never be supported from the sides.

I in no way addressed ANY of your other opinions or ideas in any way,

• tylerhawes's Avatar Offline
    • Thank you received: 5
tylerhawes Posted 8 years 1 month ago
I'll give the benefit of the doubt that I misunderstood. I think it's pretty easy to misunderstand it, because you selected three specific comments and told me to back "that" up or not participate, you didn't direct that at one particular comment. So it seemed like you were directing that at all three points. I do think the type of approach I would hope for from companies or moderators is "sorry if you felt dismissed, is there something that can be done or to talk about?" rather than kind of a prove it or shut up approach, which is what that seemed like.

What I wanted to talk about was the mounts, not customer service (I shouldn't have opened the door). I have nothing to gain from anyone using those Vantage Point mounts, but I will clarify that if you do use them, you can screw them into the same area on the back of the speakers where the keyhole brackets go. They just don't line up with the same pilot holes, they are a little more spaced out. You would be screwing into your speakers with the keyhole brackets as well, so to me I don't see it being much different whether you screws go in just a little this way or that way. I have eleven Aons mounted working perfectly for about 3 years as my evidence that it works, but I'm sure GE can't support the method and usual disclaimers apply, etc. If I'd been able to find a mount at the time that gave me the flexible articulation needed, didn't need drilling into the speaker back wall, and made me feel confident, I would've gotten it instead. But looking back, I have no regrets and like what I went with. If anyone cares about pursuing this approach, I can post pictures.
--
Tyler
My setup: 11.2 channels w/ 3 x Aon 3 mains, 8 x Aon 2 high/wide/surrounds, 2 x Forcefield 5 subs. Marantz AV8801 processor. 3 x Parasound A 51 amps. Oppo BPD-103D.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Moderator

Moderators: Moderator
menu
close
Menu
person_outline
arrow_back
You are here: Home Forum Support Aon Series Articulating Wall Mount for Aon 3's?