file Supersat 3 for desktop music/tv systems

• apr28's Avatar Offline school
    • Thank you received: 0
  • arrow_drop_downMore arrow_drop_upLess
apr28 Posted 10 years 9 months ago
I am making a little desktop entertainment center for music, pc gaming and television.

I am considering the supersat 3 due to their size and modern looks but want to make sure that they deliver full sound similar to a traditional good quality bookshelf speaker. I will be powering them with a TEAC AH01 integrated amp. I will also be using the HSU STF-1 subwoofer.

Thanks

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• anthem's Avatar Offline
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
    • Thank you received: 9175
anthem Posted 10 years 9 months ago
I think the Supersat 3's with your HSU sub will sound just fine. A step up would be the Supersat 50 or Aon 2, but these might be to large for your application.
D-Sonic m3a-600m Mono > McIntosh MC152 > Primaluna ProLogue Premium Preamp > Oppo UDP205 > Decware ZLC > Triton Reference > Isoacoustics Gaia 2 > Canare 4S11 Speaker Cables > Audience Forte 3, Anticable L3 & Shunyata Venom PC's

Every great performance deserves an Audience!

• Moderator's Avatar Offline
    • Thank you received: 3416
Moderator Posted 10 years 9 months ago
SuperSat 3's make a great desktop speaker. These are Satellites, not bookshelves. The are not full range speakers. If you want a full-range speaker, the Aon 2 would be your choice, but kind of large for a desktop perhaps.

That said, you mention you are using a sub, so why do you want full range speakers? The whole reason desktop speakers are small is because they are paired with a subwoofer to handle the rest of the frequency range the smaller speaker can't play.

Moderators: Moderator
menu
close
Menu
person_outline
arrow_back
You are here: Home Forum Support SuperSat Series SuperSats Supersat 3 for desktop music/tv systems