file Triton Two subwoofer random thumping noise, SW level knob causes "scratchy" soun

• Terry Porter's Avatar Offline school
    • Thank you received: 5
  • arrow_drop_downMore arrow_drop_upLess
Terry Porter Posted 3 years 9 months ago
Greetings all,
My left Triton Two (2013) tower's subwoofer makes random, very low thumping noises from time to time. It has become so frequent that I must unplug the sub when we go to bed to prevent a potentially unpleasant awakening.

Also, when adjusting the subwoofer level knob on the back of the speaker, it causes "scratchy" noises.

Is this something I might be able to take care of myself? Can the amp be removed easily? Tuner cleaner on the level knob?

Many thanks in advance,
Terry

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• trtech's Avatar Offline
    • Thank you received: 1
trtech Posted 3 years 9 months ago
I don't know if this will help you, but maybe there's something in here that's useful. I had posted my original question in this forum (www.goldenear.com/forum/Triton-Towers/45...er-level-knob-issues) with a similar issue. In short, the knob is scratchy and the sub output sometimes cuts in and out on my left Triton 2.

As far as I've seen on a friend's speaker, this potentiometer on the back is accessible for spraying with contact cleaner if you remove the plate. However, that said, I decided not to risk it and took my Triton 2 to an authorized dealer today. The technician there told me that from his experience it's more likely the amp going bad or the voice coil going bad on one of the subs. I suspect the amp, but that's a hunch.

I'll post back here when I get the trouble shooting analysis from the dealer in a couple days.

• Moderator's Avatar Offline
    • Thank you received: 3418
Moderator Posted 3 years 9 months ago
Hi Terry, Most like the built-in amplifiers in these towers are going bad (and should be replaced). Please contact Golden Ear's tech support department. They can certainly help you.

Moderators: Moderator
menu
close
Menu
person_outline
arrow_back
You are here: Home Forum Support Triton Series Triton Towers Triton Two subwoofer random thumping noise, SW level knob causes "scratchy" soun