question-circle T5 vs T3+

• jcmorong's Avatar Offline school
    • Thank you received: 2
  • arrow_drop_downMore arrow_drop_upLess
jcmorong Posted 4 years 7 months ago
Hello, I was a happy owner of a T7 but for my taste and room they were missing bass (my application is only for music) I am interested in buying a T5 or T3 + and I do not want to buy an additional sub, unfortunately I have not heard them and I do not have a nearby dealer, which would be better to buy? Will the bass of the T5 be enough? Or will they have better definition for music than the T3 +? thanks for your advice
The following user(s) said Thank You: Moderator, rjohn79395

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• rjohn79395's Avatar Offline
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • rjohn79395
    • Thank you received: 4322
rjohn79395 Posted 4 years 7 months ago
Last edit: 4 years 7 months ago by rjohn79395. info_outline
Hi

Since listening preferences are some personal and subjective, a couple of things:

Both the T5 and the T3+ have newer, upgraded driver and crossover technologies than the T7, so ether would present an uptick in musicality and clarity, and bass, and I suspect you'd love either choice.

Since you referenced your desire to add more bass, the powered T3+ would dig some deeper in that department. Just a thought.

Happy listening to whichever you choose!

Rick
5.4.4 HT speakers: T Ref fronts/LFE 1, SuperCenter Ref, T1 surrounds/LFE 2 + SuperSub XXL, HTR 7000 top fronts, HTR 8000 top rears
Zone 2 speakers; 2 Invisa 525's
AVR: Marantz SR 8015
Amp: AT525NC 5 channel
Cable/TiVo, OPPO BDP 105D, Bluesound Node 2i, Apple tv 4K streamer
48" SONY 4K OLED TV
The following user(s) said Thank You: Moderator

• Moderator's Avatar Offline
    • Thank you received: 3418
Moderator Posted 4 years 7 months ago

rjohn79395 wrote: Hi

Since listening preferences are some personal and subjective, a couple of things:

Both the T5 and the T3+ have newer, upgraded driver and crossover technologies than the T7, so ether would present an uptick in musicality and clarity, and bass, and I suspect you'd love either choice.

Since you referenced your desire to add more bass, the powered T3+ would dig some deeper in that department. Just a thought.

Happy listening to whichever you choose!

Rick

Rick's point is well taken. The T3+ or T2+ would allow you to dial in the bass to get just what you want.

The T5 goes deeper than a T7 so will sound like it has more bass on some notes, but the powered Tritons might serve you better.
The following user(s) said Thank You: rjohn79395

• ArthurDaniels's Avatar Offline
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
    • Thank you received: 1811
ArthurDaniels Posted 4 years 7 months ago
I own a pair of Triton Ones and a Pair of Triton Sevens. I use both speaker pairs exclusively for listening to music.

I agree with both Rick and The Moderator. If you want to add integrated bass for music, any of the powered Tritons will be a better choice than buying a separate sub. I have performed extensive listening experiments over several years, using both powered Tritons and my Triton Sevens paired with a Paradigm Sub. No matter how I adjusted the inputs, I was never as pleased with the Sevens plus Sub sound, when compared to my Triton Ones. The integrated sound coming from the Ones was just musically better than the Sevens plus Sub approach.

I now have my Paradigm Sub supporting a secondary music system in our downstairs den.

Decide which Triton pair you want and get them.

Happy Listening,

Art
The following user(s) said Thank You: Moderator, rjohn79395

Moderators: Moderator
menu
close
Menu
person_outline
arrow_back