file Audyssey / break-in

• AP's Avatar Offline school
    • Thank you received: 1
  • arrow_drop_downMore arrow_drop_upLess
AP Posted 4 years 10 months ago
Hi, just purchasedcnew Triton Two Plus and Marantz AVR SR 6013. First: Should I run Audyssey before or after break-in period? Second: any comments on how many hours to complete break-in? Thanks.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• GDHAL's Avatar Offline
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
    • Thank you received: 879
GDHAL Posted 4 years 10 months ago
Last edit: 4 years 10 months ago by GDHAL. info_outline
Hi AP. Welcome to the forum and best of luck with your new speakers. I know basically nothing about Audyssey except that to my understanding it's some kind of room "correction" software. To your question, perhaps run Audyssey both before and after break-in. Shouldn't hurt I suppose. The speakers themselves shouldn't take all that that long to break-in. Perhaps 40 hours or so of playing music should suffice. Hope my answer helps. I'm sure there are others on the forum more familiar with Audyssey and the break-in period of the speakers, but I don't think you'll go "wrong' regardless of what you do or do not do. Again, best of luck :)
Golden Ear Triton Reference (pair), Musical Fidelity M6si, Schiit Yggdrasil-OG-B, Oppo UDP-205, Emotiva ERC-3, LG OLED65C9PUA, Salamander Synergy Triple Unit SL20, Audeze LCD-X, GIK acoustic paneling
halr.x10.mx/TritonReference.htm ; halr.x10.mx/other.html

• anthem's Avatar Offline
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
    • Thank you received: 9175
anthem Posted 4 years 10 months ago
Hey AP

1) You don't need Audyssey to break in your new Triton's. Leave it off for the time being. You can use it later after break in.

2) 40 - 60 hours seems to be the break in target range for the Triton's. Very small changes can occur between hours 60 - 100, but they are extremely small. After 100 hours of use, no further improvements can be heard.

3) Don't baby your Triton's when breaking them in. If you feel like rockin' the house, rock the house. Crank them up! Remember, these aren't Bose...they're GOLDENEARS!
D-Sonic m3a-600m Mono > McIntosh MC152 > Primaluna ProLogue Premium Preamp > Oppo UDP205 > Decware ZLC > Triton Reference > Isoacoustics Gaia 2 > Canare 4S11 Speaker Cables > Audience Forte 3, Anticable L3 & Shunyata Venom PC's

Every great performance deserves an Audience!
The following user(s) said Thank You: Moderator, rjohn79395

Moderators: Moderator
menu
close
Menu
person_outline
arrow_back
You are here: Home Forum Support Triton Series Triton Towers Audyssey / break-in