• rjohn79395's Avatar Offline
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • rjohn79395
    • Thank you received: 4322
  • arrow_drop_downMore arrow_drop_upLess
rjohn79395 Posted 6 years 11 months ago

anthem wrote:
Well Rick: with over 100 hrs. on your T REFS, would U say the jump from the T 1's to the T Refs is better but only in certain areas, or much better in all areas, top to bottom? For me, the T2's, T REFS transition was a giant leap in all area's with the exception of the top-end being better but not night/day better. The T2's Tweeter was excellent, and the T Refs tweeter an Improvement especially in clarity.

Hi, Anthem

I guess I still see the jump from the T1's to the T Ref's being about as big a step as the jump from my original T2's (not T2's+'s, can't compare there having never heard them) to the T1's. And in all areas. The T Ref's just have stunning punch and clarity, from top to bottom, and it's evident when the T Ref's are part of a nine channel surround mode also. And the T1's in surround positions show the same leap from the T2's as surrounds. Lovin' the Ref's as fronts, and the T1's as surrounds. Heck there isn't a weak link in any of the nine GEt's playing together in surround. Still say you can't go wrong with any choice in the GEt line-up. I've had countless hours of listening pleasure from any of the GEt speaker combo's I've had over the years. All good. It's a matter of degree. Not regretting getting the Ref's one iota.

Happy listening!

Rick
5.4.4 HT speakers: T Ref fronts/LFE 1, SuperCenter Ref, T1 surrounds/LFE 2 + SuperSub XXL, HTR 7000 top fronts, HTR 8000 top rears
Zone 2 speakers; 2 Invisa 525's
AVR: Marantz SR 8015
Amp: AT525NC 5 channel
Cable/TiVo, OPPO BDP 105D, Bluesound Node 2i, Apple tv 4K streamer
48" SONY 4K OLED TV
The following user(s) said Thank You: Moderator, WayneWilmeth, anthem

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• anthem's Avatar Offline school
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
    • Thank you received: 9175
anthem Posted 6 years 11 months ago
PRICELESS!!!
D-Sonic m3a-600m Mono > McIntosh MC152 > Primaluna ProLogue Premium Preamp > Oppo UDP205 > Decware ZLC > Triton Reference > Isoacoustics Gaia 2 > Canare 4S11 Speaker Cables > Audience Forte 3, Anticable L3 & Shunyata Venom PC's

Every great performance deserves an Audience!
Attachments:
The following user(s) said Thank You: Moderator, WayneWilmeth, rjohn79395

• WayneWilmeth's Avatar Offline
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
    • Thank you received: 7040
WayneWilmeth Posted 6 years 11 months ago
Man, Bro Rick, you just got quoted on the FaceBook and it sounds like you are going after another one!!!!!!

Ha ha, just messing with you, congrats on being so well spoken and quotable.

Bro Anthem, just a passing thought here, as I of course do not know anything, but is it possible that you have yet to get the best out of the high end of you new TRefs????

One reason I ask is that the HVFR is one of the things that changed about the TRef, over and above the TOnes. I mean, it sounds like you are saying the top end is not that great an improvement over the T 2s. And I can kinda see it, because I have all kinds of love for the T 2s, they were and are GREAT speakers!!!! BUT the TRefs must be that much better, because Sandy and team did some serious work on improving the TOnes top to bottom. I wouldn't know, just guessing.
Bro Anthem, you are still planning the Oppo upgrade, right? IF so, that might be the ticket right there to an even better top end.
You will tell us I hope.

All the best boys,
God Bless,
Wayne
God bless the child that's got his own.
The following user(s) said Thank You: anthem, rjohn79395

• Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
Hey Wayne:
Please don't be overly concerned about my T REFS Tweeter statement.
All I'm saying is, if I were listening to a single instrument such as a saxophone, I would be hard pressed to a difference between the T2's and the T Refs. But with a full band playing, all music, top to bottom, is substantially better.

Christmas is just 67 days away. I'm not sure about the Oppo UDP-205 at this time. I'm also considering a pair of PS Audio Stellar M700 Mono Amps or possibly an ATI Amp as Rick has. Who knows, I may pick up both an Amp and the Oppo UDP-205. Eventually though, I will pick up an Oppo.

Today the Wife and I ate at Cracker Barrel in Witchita. We had Maple Jam N' Bacon Burgers with fries and coleslaw. For dessert we treated ourselves to Baked Apple Dumplin'. Man was it good. I feel like a bloated hog. An extremely light supper tonight, if any.
D-Sonic m3a-600m Mono > McIntosh MC152 > Primaluna ProLogue Premium Preamp > Oppo UDP205 > Decware ZLC > Triton Reference > Isoacoustics Gaia 2 > Canare 4S11 Speaker Cables > Audience Forte 3, Anticable L3 & Shunyata Venom PC's

Attachments:
The following user(s) said Thank You: WayneWilmeth, rjohn79395

• Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member

Dan Weiner / Exchanges (1996) -- Rhythm King

Something new I picked up yesterday on our Wichita excursion.

The following user(s) said Thank You: Moderator, rjohn79395

• Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member

Rick Braun / Full Stride (1998) -- China Bath

Using the Decware Zen Torii today with ALL Military copper/silver speaker cables & IC'S. Detail out the Ying Yang.

Today we're off to Wichita once again to see Jackie Chan in the Foreigner. The Wife loves Jackie, and this should be a Good one.

The following user(s) said Thank You: Moderator, rjohn79395

Moderators: Moderator
menu
close
Menu
person_outline
arrow_back