file Power Conditioner for the Triton Ones

• Dm's Avatar Offline
    • Thank you received: 34
  • arrow_drop_downMore arrow_drop_upLess
Dm Posted 9 years 4 months ago

Moderator wrote: Generally, we don't recommend power conditioners for the Tritons or ForceField subs (not needed and the amps demand significant short-burst wattage). That said, everyone has an opinion and a favorite (I have always been fond of the Richard Gray products), and we always use a high quality PS Audio power bar for our trade show systems.

I have two Richard Gray 400 pros and one 600 that I have hooked up to all of my two channel gear including the Triton 1s. They are fabulous.
The following user(s) said Thank You: WayneWilmeth

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• stereo5's Avatar Offline
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
    • Thank you received: 201
stereo5 Posted 9 years 4 months ago
I am using a Furutech E-TP80 Power Conditioner. The 2 outlets marked amplifiers use passive filtering and thus do not limit current. The conditioner came with a 4 foot 10 gauge Furutech power cord. From my Triton Ones to the Furutech conditioner, I use Shunyata Venom power cables. It was immediately noticed after the above installation that the slight noise I heard on digital recordings through the Triton Ones disappeared, and the bass impact became much tighter and firmer. I have played the speakers with 98db peaks and the bass never ran out of steam.
Technics SL1200G TT with ZU DL103,, McIntosh c2500 all tube Preamp, Sony HAP-Z1ES Music Server, Esoteric UX-3 CD/SACD Player, McIntosh MR88 FM HD Tuner, McIntosh MC302 300wpc amp, GE Triton Reference Speakers, Shunyata Hydra's Power Conditioners & Power Cords, + more.
Attachments:

• twinturbo11's Avatar Offline school
    • Thank you received: 87
twinturbo11 Posted 9 years 4 months ago
thank for sharing. Do you use both speakers on the same conditioner? How much does this setup (with cables) cost?
HTR7000 7.1.2 ATMOS setup
Marantz SR7011 Atmos Receiver
Nvidia Shield 4k Media Player
Sonos Connect
Sony PS4 Pro
Laser 4k Projector (soon)
Elite 150" motorized screen

• Dm's Avatar Offline
    • Thank you received: 34
Dm Posted 9 years 4 months ago

stereo5 wrote: I am using a Furutech E-TP80 Power Conditioner. The 2 outlets marked amplifiers use passive filtering and thus do not limit current. The conditioner came with a 4 foot 10 gauge Furutech power cord. From my Triton Ones to the Furutech conditioner, I use Shunyata Venom power cables. It was immediately noticed after the above installation that the slight noise I heard on digital recordings through the Triton Ones disappeared, and the bass impact became much tighter and firmer. I have played the speakers with 98db peaks and the bass never ran out of steam.

I'm the same with the Richard Gray's as they do not limit current in any way, but store it. I actually just oredered two Kimber Ascent PK 10 power cords. One for my dac and one for the amplifier, but I use Emotiva cords on the Triton 1s. I have a Shunyata Black Mambo for my transport. The Richard Gray conditioners use the 20 amp cords that came with them.

• stereo5's Avatar Offline
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
    • Thank you received: 201
stereo5 Posted 9 years 4 months ago
Yes, I use both speakers on the same conditioner. The conditioner was on sale for 400.00 and the 2 Shunyata Venom power cords were 125.00 each when new.
Technics SL1200G TT with ZU DL103,, McIntosh c2500 all tube Preamp, Sony HAP-Z1ES Music Server, Esoteric UX-3 CD/SACD Player, McIntosh MR88 FM HD Tuner, McIntosh MC302 300wpc amp, GE Triton Reference Speakers, Shunyata Hydra's Power Conditioners & Power Cords, + more.

Moderators: Moderator
menu
close
Menu
person_outline
arrow_back
You are here: Home Forum Clubhouse Write Your Own Review Triton Series Power Conditioner for the Triton Ones