file Can I put SS's INSIDE an acoustic panel?

• cgott42's Avatar Offline school
    • Thank you received: 0
  • arrow_drop_downMore arrow_drop_upLess
cgott42 Posted 5 months 5 days ago
I'm looking for ways to hide the speakers. I have decorative acoustical panels on the wall (5" deep). Can I carve out a space in the acoustic panel foam and put the supersat in that (of course the panel has acoustically transparent cloth around it). Is there any fire or other hazard? Sound issues? to be aware of?

thx

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Moderator's Avatar Offline
    • Thank you received: 3416
  • arrow_drop_downMore arrow_drop_upLess
Moderator Posted 5 months 3 days ago
Hi cgott42, It seems like a reasonable amount of work, but from a performance standpoint, it would be okay to place a SuperSat inside an acoustic panel. I would, however, recommend placing the front of the SuperSat speaker "even" with the front of the acoustic panel - or maybe a bit in front of the acoustic panel. I would rather not have the front of the speaker "behind" the surface of the acoustic panel. If you use the SuperSwivel brackets to attach the SuperSat speakers to the wall behind the acoustic panel, these brackets will bring the back of the speaker's cabinet approximately 2.75" from the wall surface. Happy Listening!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: Moderator
menu
close
Menu
person_outline
arrow_back
You are here: Home Forum Support SuperSat Series SuperSats Can I put SS's INSIDE an acoustic panel?