question-circle SS 50s on SuperStand 3s?

• tallensr's Avatar Offline school
    • Thank you received: 2
  • arrow_drop_downMore arrow_drop_upLess
tallensr Posted 2 years 2 months ago
Hey everyone!

I am running my SuperSats-based HT in "temp mode" with the TV and front channels on a countertop (was a work bench) that puts the the tweeters of the 60s I am using for L/R at 55" from the floor. I am putting my 50s on the sides of the primary seating row, and while I calibrate, figure out final seating/risers etc, going to put them on SuperStands. The final solution will have EVERYTHING wall-mounted -- just waiting on LG to finally release the 2022 G2 83" TVs.

So my question: How risky will it be to put the 50s on the TALLER poles made for the 3s on the SuperStands? I realize it might be a "bit more tipping-prone", but I have no kids etc and almost NO traffic in the theater (and never without me there).

I really want to get the tweeters to as close to the same height as the front channels and this seems like the easiest way to achieve this temporarily.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Moderator's Avatar Offline
    • Thank you received: 3416
Moderator Posted 2 years 2 months ago
Hi tallensr, the poles provided with the SuperStand 3/50/60 that are designed for use with the SuperSat 3s are 32 3/4" tall, and the poles designed for the SuperSat 50s are 20.5" tall. Except for being top heavy, the SuperSat 3 poles would work with the SuperSat 50s. It's your judgement call whether you feel the SuperSat 50s (when used with the taller poles) would be stable enough in your application. I can't technically recommend this, but it's your call. Happy Listening!
The following user(s) said Thank You: tallensr

• tallensr's Avatar Offline school
    • Thank you received: 2
tallensr Posted 2 years 2 months ago
Just a quick update: I understand completely that GE can't recommend doing so, but the 50s are quite stable on longer stems that are intended for the 3s. It is working great!

Moderators: Moderator
menu
close
Menu
person_outline
arrow_back
You are here: Home Forum Support SuperSat Series SuperSats SS 50s on SuperStand 3s?