question-circle BRX Vs Supercenter Reference

• Samwise's Avatar Offline school
    • Thank you received: 10
  • arrow_drop_downMore arrow_drop_upLess
Samwise Posted 7 months 3 weeks ago
I have been reading about issues with center channel speakers setup in a horizontal MTM (midrange-tweeter-midrange) setup because it leads to the two midrange drivers canceling each other out in seating positions that aren't directly in front of the speaker. I'm hoping to upgrade to Triton Reference's as my mains at some point and it got me to thinking if it would be better to use a BRX as a center channel instead of a Supercenter Reference. I'm sure the ideal situation would be to use another Triton Reference as the center channel and an acoustically transparent screen, but that won't work with my theater. Any thoughts?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Moderator's Avatar Offline
    • Thank you received: 3416
  • arrow_drop_downMore arrow_drop_upLess
Moderator Posted 7 months 3 weeks ago
Hi Samwise, First, a single BRX would make a great center speaker (and would integrate well with the Triton Reference towers). Given a choice, however, I'd lean toward the SuperCenter Reference. The 4 x bass/midrange drivers used in the SuperCenter Reference would produce more clarity and detail - which would more than compensate for any possible cancellation of midrange tones. Happy Listening!
The following user(s) said Thank You: Samwise

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: Moderator
menu
close
Menu
person_outline
arrow_back
You are here: Home Forum Support SuperCenter Series BRX Vs Supercenter Reference