question-circle New supercenter reference crossover question.

• Ma1746's Avatar Offline school
    • Thank you received: 16
  • arrow_drop_downMore arrow_drop_upLess
Ma1746 Posted 2 years 1 month ago
Hi all,

Just got a new supercenter reference this week, noticeable upgrade over my supercenter xl. It’s controlled by an anthem 740 with preouts to an xpa 3 channel amp for my l/c/r. Anyway, should I still be crossing over this center at 80hz? Anthem doesn’t have typical large or small settings like the denon’s I’m used to, and ARC set it’s crossover stupid high (like 110). I have a forcefield 5 sub and triton 3+ mains, just want to make sure I’m getting the most out of this amazing new speaker.

Thanks!
The following user(s) said Thank You: rjohn79395

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• rjohn79395's Avatar Offline
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • rjohn79395
    • Thank you received: 4322
  • arrow_drop_downMore arrow_drop_upLess
rjohn79395 Posted 2 years 1 month ago
Congrats on getting the SuperCenter Reference! Fantastic speaker.

I have tried both 80 and 60 HZ with my SC Ref, and prefer 80 Hz for a crossover. The speaker can easily handle either, with plenty of power handling available. It's bass potential and clarity is first rate.

Every set up and room is different. I have T Ref fronts, so don't seem to need additional bass fill in front, and the bass match at 80 Hz is perfect. I'd suggest you try 60 Hz also and see how you like that in combination with your T3+ fronts. You can decide whether that crossover works best in your case or not. Easy to switch back and forth.

Happy listening!

Rick
5.4.4 HT speakers: T Ref fronts/LFE 1, SuperCenter Ref, T1 surrounds/LFE 2 + SuperSub XXL, HTR 7000 top fronts, HTR 8000 top rears
Zone 2 speakers; 2 Invisa 525's
AVR: Marantz SR 8015
Amp: AT525NC 5 channel
Cable/TiVo, OPPO BDP 105D, Bluesound Node 2i, Apple tv 4K streamer
48" SONY 4K OLED TV
The following user(s) said Thank You: Ma1746

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: Moderator
menu
close
Menu
person_outline
arrow_back
You are here: Home Forum Support SuperCenter Series New supercenter reference crossover question.