file The Quest of Ultimate Center Speaker

• MT's Avatar Offline school
    • Thank you received: 0
  • arrow_drop_downMore arrow_drop_upLess
MT Posted 2 years 11 months ago
Hi!

I’m currently using the Egglestonworks Andra for LR and Aerial CC3 for the center.

I’m looking for a new Center as an ultimate upgrade for next 10 years. I set my eyes on the SC Ref.

However, there are a couple of questions need to be cleared before I pull the trigger:
1. The CC3 timbre matched with the Andra, albeit, not in the perfect way. I’m wondering if the ribbon tweeter of SC Ref. will behaves very differently compare with Dynaudio Esotar tweeter of the Andra.
2. For the next step, I’m planning to replace the 7.2.6 to a single brand, beside the LR and the subs. I’m still worrying about timbre matching of the system and if they can sing in unison.

The inputs are highly appreciated!

Thanks!

MT

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Moderator's Avatar Offline
    • Thank you received: 3416
Moderator Posted 2 years 11 months ago
Hi MT, The tonal balance or character of sound of the High Velocity Folded Ribbon tweeter used in the SuperCenter Reference is quite similar to the the 1" dome tweeter used in your main left and right Andra loudspeakers. Both your main speakers and the SuperCenter Reference would not only sound clear, open and detailed, they would both produce a natural, lifelike soundstage. It may not be a perfect match, but I would say the SuperCenter Reference would be timbre matched to your main Andra loudspeakers.

For the next step, replacing your surrounds and Atmos speakers with GoldenEar speakers would keep your system tonally matched to your mains. They would sing in unison with your Andra loudspeakers. Happy Listening!
The following user(s) said Thank You: MT

• MT's Avatar Offline school
    • Thank you received: 0
MT Posted 2 years 11 months ago
Thank you very much for the reply sir, have a great day!

Moderators: Moderator
menu
close
Menu
person_outline
arrow_back
You are here: Home Forum Support SuperCenter Series The Quest of Ultimate Center Speaker