file Just upgraded two GoldenEar systems—center channel questions.

• danzaman's Avatar Offline school
    • Thank you received: 1
  • arrow_drop_downMore arrow_drop_upLess
danzaman Posted 3 years 3 months ago
Last edit: 3 years 3 months ago by danzaman. info_outline
Hey all,
I have two rooms that have a GoldenEar setup in my home.

Questions below:

Room 1—Large Open Living Room
L+R: Triton One's
Rears: GoldenEar in-wall (need to purchase)
Center: SuperCenter X

Question: I only have enough space to get the SuperCenter X in my setup. Right now, I'm limited in placement of the center speaker and I'm wondering if I can put it inside the center opening of my tv stand (which would cover the top of the speaker). There would be some clearance, but it wouldn't be fully open on top. Will this negatively impact performance? If so, how much? In order for me to float a shelf or use a stand, it would involve pretty major changes to my setup and the wife wouldn't be too happy :-)

Room 2—Small enclosed home office/media room
L+R: Triton Five's
Rears: Aon 3's
Center: SuperCenter Reference

Question: I am getting a custom tv stand built and trying to identify the ideal height for the center channel. I don't have my recliners in yet to sit and measure ear height, so trying to do my best until then. Any advice here would be helpful.

Diagrams attached of room layouts:

Thank you!
Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Moderator's Avatar Offline
    • Thank you received: 3416
Moderator Posted 3 years 3 months ago
Hi danzaman,

Room 1 - When placing the SuperCenter X center speaker on a shelf, as long as you have approximately an inch and a half clearance above the speaker's cabinet, you're in good shape. This allows enough space for the upward firing bass radiator (or passive radiator) to properly breathe. Only a small amount of low bass is produced by the upward firing bass radiator (or passive radiator).

Room 2 - When setting up the center speaker in your system, I'd recommend placing the center speaker close to the television. This way, the sound it produces appears like it's coming from the picture you're watching. Next, (if possible), I'd recommend placing the center speaker around ear height. This would place the center speaker's tweeter around 37" - 40" above the floor. (Depending upon the height of your chair or sofa - along with your height, ear level for most listeners is somewhere between 37" and 40".) Happy Listening!

• danzaman's Avatar Offline school
    • Thank you received: 1
danzaman Posted 3 years 3 months ago
Thank you! Question: does that 1.5” clearance rule apply to the SuperCenter reference as well?

• Moderator's Avatar Offline
    • Thank you received: 3416
Moderator Posted 3 years 3 months ago
Hi danzaman, Yes. If you had a clearance of 1.5" above the SuperCenter Reference, you 'd be in good shape as well.

Moderators: Moderator
menu
close
Menu
person_outline
arrow_back
You are here: Home Forum Support SuperCenter Series Just upgraded two GoldenEar systems—center channel questions.