question-circle SuperCenter Ref stand / positioning question

• MrTriton's Avatar Offline school
    • Thank you received: 6
  • arrow_drop_downMore arrow_drop_upLess
MrTriton Posted 3 years 11 months ago
Hi,

I am planning to buy a SuperCenter Ref since I already have Triton Refs.
The Problem is that my shelf is too high. The Supercenter should be positioned around 0,4m above the Ground. Shelf is 1m.

I have 2 Questions:

-Can I put the center on the floor and somehow achieve that it fires at a certain angle directed to the ears? It does not make sense if I put it on the Floor but then it fires towards my feet:)
-Can or should I mount it on a stand? Any stands you would recommend?

Thanks
KR
Chris
The following user(s) said Thank You: rjohn79395

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• rjohn79395's Avatar Offline
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • rjohn79395
    • Thank you received: 4322
rjohn79395 Posted 3 years 11 months ago
Last edit: 3 years 11 months ago by rjohn79395. info_outline
Hi, Chris

I have a SC Ref positioned on a wood shelf above the tv and about 2-3' above the seated listening position. I've angled the speaker via Herbie's isolator pads to aim at my ear level while seated, and it sounds great both seated and walking around nearby. BTW it's a great speaker!!!

I guess your choices are above or below the screen. Which gives you the closest angle to your listening position? If neither is good and your closest angle is to use a stand, then that may be your best option. My speaker is on a wood shelf with no particular isolation capabilities, hence the Herbie's isolators. I can't recommend a shelf brand. Isolators will also work if the shelf is not a vibration controlling variety. As long as you can get reasonably close to ear level presentation with a combination of speaker level and speaker angle, I think you'll be very happy with that amazing speaker's capabilities!

Happy listening!

Rick
5.4.4 HT speakers: T Ref fronts/LFE 1, SuperCenter Ref, T1 surrounds/LFE 2 + SuperSub XXL, HTR 7000 top fronts, HTR 8000 top rears
Zone 2 speakers; 2 Invisa 525's
AVR: Marantz SR 8015
Amp: AT525NC 5 channel
Cable/TiVo, OPPO BDP 105D, Bluesound Node 2i, Apple tv 4K streamer
48" SONY 4K OLED TV
The following user(s) said Thank You: anthem

• MrTriton's Avatar Offline school
    • Thank you received: 6
MrTriton Posted 3 years 11 months ago
ok thanks. Will try the Isolators.
Could anyone post a picture of the SuperCenter Ref bottom? I wanted to see how it looks like and only find pictures showing the front or top.

• rjohn79395's Avatar Offline
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • rjohn79395
    • Thank you received: 4322
rjohn79395 Posted 3 years 11 months ago
Sorry, I don’t have a picture.

There are three adjustable rubber feet supplied, two front and one back, and they do a pretty good job of isolating the speaker from vibration, and allow for some angle adjustment also.

I just liked what the Herbie’s isolator feet did for my Oppo player, and got four for the SC Ref.
5.4.4 HT speakers: T Ref fronts/LFE 1, SuperCenter Ref, T1 surrounds/LFE 2 + SuperSub XXL, HTR 7000 top fronts, HTR 8000 top rears
Zone 2 speakers; 2 Invisa 525's
AVR: Marantz SR 8015
Amp: AT525NC 5 channel
Cable/TiVo, OPPO BDP 105D, Bluesound Node 2i, Apple tv 4K streamer
48" SONY 4K OLED TV

• Corey's Avatar Offline
    • Thank you received: 5
Corey Posted 3 years 11 months ago
Hi Chris,

Placing it on the shelf should be fine. One meter above the ground is about ear level (give or take about 0.1 to 0.2 meters). Ear level is going to depend on your height and how much you recline when watching TV or listening to music. As one poster already mentioned, there are three screw-in levelers which you can adjust to tilt the speaker forward or backwards.
I have the SuperCenter Ref on a shelf (actually it's a shelf that you buy to raise a TV) resting on my entertainment stand. My shelf is 29" above the ground (0.75 meters) and I have the front levers at maximum height and took out the rear leveler.
I have no complaints, even though if the speaker was at ear level for me when I recline slightly, it would have to be about eight inches higher (0.9 1.0 meter would be the optimum height). (I am 5' 9".)

With my shelf, there is no vibration, although it may be different with your shelf.

Corey
Spkr (GoldenEar): (L/R) Triton Reference; (C) SuperCenter Reference; (LS/RS) SuperSat 50;
AVR: Yamaha Aventage RX-A3040; Amp: (LCR): Parasound Halo A31; Blu-Ray (4K): Oppo UDP-203;
TV: Sony xbr75z9d; Sony xbr65z9d RCA Interconnects: BetterCables Silver Serpent
The following user(s) said Thank You: rjohn79395

Moderators: Moderator
menu
close
Menu
person_outline
arrow_back
You are here: Home Forum Support SuperCenter Series SuperCenter Ref stand / positioning question