file Reference center

• nevets77's Avatar Offline school
    • Thank you received: 41
  • arrow_drop_downMore arrow_drop_upLess
nevets77 Posted 5 years 3 months ago
I recently placed an order for some T-ones and wasn't sure if I should order the XXL center or the new ref center. My dealer told me that he was advised to recommend the XXL for T1,T2,T3 etc and the new ref ctr would be a better match for the Triton reference and T-one R. ( not trying to get them in trouble or anything ) I decided to go with the ref center anyway as I felt it would be voiced similar enough and I believe the center speaker should be as good as possible. As there is very little info available at this point , I'm curious if anyone has heard something different. I suspect I will get the usual response " All GE speakers are similarly voiced and play well with each other" :) quite true I'm sure, which is why I chose the newer model. Still , I'm interested to hear what others think. thanks.
Triton Reference Triton One's Triton Fives , ref center, invista 650's , JBL 18" sub, Anthem AVM 60 , Emotiva XPA-5 ,Parasound 2205 , Adcom 555 , clark synthesis tactile transducer,
JVC dla x55r , Oppo 103
The following user(s) said Thank You: rjohn79395

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• rjohn79395's Avatar Offline
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • rjohn79395
    • Thank you received: 4322
  • arrow_drop_downMore arrow_drop_upLess
rjohn79395 Posted 5 years 3 months ago
Hi Nevets77

I guess if I were in your shoes, I'd spend the extra $200 on the SC Ref's as you are suggesting also.

Center speakers are an important piece of a HT system as you say. I think recommending the XXL for all but the T Ref is a bit of old news. Your T1's and the new SC Ref would be a great match IMO!

I'd go for it also.

Rick
5.4.4 HT speakers: T Ref fronts/LFE 1, SuperCenter Ref, T1 surrounds/LFE 2 + SuperSub XXL, HTR 7000 top fronts, HTR 8000 top rears
Zone 2 speakers; 2 Invisa 525's
AVR: Marantz SR 8015
Amp: AT525NC 5 channel
Cable/TiVo, OPPO BDP 105D, Bluesound Node 2i, Apple tv 4K streamer
48" SONY 4K OLED TV

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: Moderator
menu
close
Menu
person_outline
arrow_back