file Perfect panning...

• dvdwilly's Avatar Offline school
    • Thank you received: 7
  • arrow_drop_downMore arrow_drop_upLess
dvdwilly Posted 8 years 8 months ago
FWIW I have been chasing home theater sound for a long time...ever since 5.1 came out since around 1997. I have had a number of combinations of fronts and center channels, mostly Klipsch and Def Tech. I have never been able to achieve seamless panning across the fronts and center. If you do not know what I am referring to, run the test tones on Audyssey (or other) and listen carefully to the tones as you move from left to center to right. Ideally, there should be no difference between them.

I recently changed to Triton Sevens for my fronts. At the time, I had an SVS Prime center channel. Not unexpectedly, while it was an excellent center channel, the voicing did not really work with the Sevens.

So, I got a Goldenear Super X...much, much closer. But, after A couple of days decided to exchange it for the Supercenter XL.

For the first time ever...the panning is absolutely flawless. The tone at left, center, and right are identical.

I suspect that the Supercenter XXL is the ideal match for the Fives, but I don't really care. I am where I have wanted to be home theater-wise...

Kudos to Sandy Gross and Goldenear Technology.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Moderator, WayneWilmeth, anthem, rjohn79395, T Cobe, aribraun, Rob138

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: Moderator
menu
close
Menu
person_outline
arrow_back