file Triton 7

• sandean311@hotmail.com's Avatar Offline school
    • Thank you received: 19
  • arrow_drop_downMore arrow_drop_upLess
sandean311@hotmail.com Posted 8 years 7 months ago
Last edit: 8 years 7 months ago by Moderator. info_outline
Having lived with the Triton 7 for the better part of a year a few notable things have surfaced I would like to share. All the hype from the initial reviews holds true with time. What is interesting to me is the way these speakers can disappear into a room not only from the performance aspect, but as well, their appearance. I have owned several stand mount speakers costing 5 times as much that appear bulkier and dominate the listening room to a much larger extent than the T 7's. The T 7's at low to moderate volumes not only compete with those high priced boxes in the all important "mid range" capabilities, they also destroy those products in the bass region. I have used two amps, originally a 60 watt per ch. integrated (Cambridge Audio) and recently a 120 watt per ch. Rotel power amp with matching pre/dac. There is no doubt those extra clean watts kick out the bottom end and reveal the integration between the driver compliment. I have also experimented with placement in two rooms and can support the suggested set up (toe in) from GE. Simply put the widest separation possible with toe in on the outside of each ear creates a gigantic sound stage with rock solid imaging.

Those initial rave reviews pointed out the real reason these speakers should be considered by those who can afford to spend a lot more and I have......there are no other speakers currently on the market that perform at this level for this price..none !

For those that were miffed that Sandy Gross used Pass amps for the Vegas debut of the T 7's have no fear as Sandy clearly mentioned there is no need to grapple with the thought these speakers need to be used with mega buck amps...they don't.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Moderator, WayneWilmeth, anthem, rjohn79395, T Cobe

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• WayneWilmeth's Avatar Offline
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
    • Thank you received: 7040
WayneWilmeth Posted 8 years 7 months ago
Hey Sandean, that is great feedback and well said.
I agree with you all the way. Thanks for pointing this out, someone with more extensive experience with the T 7s.
They do live up to all the hype!!!!
And I agree as well with how they disappear in the room. Especially when played and the sweet tunes are flowing, you forget about the speakers totally then.
Thanks and happy listening,
God Bless, Wayne
God bless the child that's got his own.
The following user(s) said Thank You: rjohn79395

• sandean311@hotmail.com's Avatar Offline school
    • Thank you received: 19
sandean311@hotmail.com Posted 8 years 7 months ago
Wayne,
Thanks for your reply to my comments. Perhaps I could share a little more you may find interesting. The stand mount speakers I referred to were made by Proac and Harbeth and a couple of others. One of my friends who owns Harbeth's has been by my house several times to listen to the Tritons with music we both know well. A few weeks ago I asked him what he could hear on the Harbeths that the Tritons may be lacking in. He thought for awhile and then started to repeat the same words that the reviewers said about his speakers. I immediately knew this because I had read those reviews as well. I pressed him to describe what he was hearing that would support the enormous difference in price. I had to change the subject as I like this man and it was apparent he was stumbling with my questions which were not intended to put him on the spot. I found out about G.E.T. through my son in law and read the reviews after hearing them and the rest is obvious. I love to read Absolute Sound and sometimes Stereophile but have found my ears are the best judge of suitable components for me. The fact that the hype on the Tritons contained many revelatory comments about their price compared to other "high end" speakers turned out to be true is an anomaly for this industry. My only concern for G.E.T. would be .....what could they come up with next to surpass the quality and value the entire Triton series currently offers.
Happy Listening
Dean S.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Moderator, WayneWilmeth, rjohn79395

• WayneWilmeth's Avatar Offline
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
    • Thank you received: 7040
WayneWilmeth Posted 8 years 7 months ago
Hey Sandean,
Thanks for the additional information. Very interesting though. Good you took it easy on the Harbeth guy, there are a lot of good speakers that are overpriced compared to our GEts and are only pretty great with certain equipment. But our Triton towers sound great with almost all equipment. And with really super equipment our towers rise to an almost untouchable level.
You are right, your ears are by far the best to let you know what is best for you.
You are building a great system by sticking to that tactic. Well done!!!
Happy listening, God Bless, Wayne
God bless the child that's got his own.
The following user(s) said Thank You: rjohn79395

• murphyslaw1978's Avatar Offline
  • Elite Member
  • Elite Member
    • Thank you received: 337
murphyslaw1978 Posted 8 years 7 months ago
Glad to hear you like them. My triton twos sometimes disappoint, but I've found that the cause of that is usually due to the source material not being up to snuff. Case in point, I was listening to a song from Aerosmith's Get a Grip album. I hadn't heard it in a long time, and I thought I remembered the song being clean. Turns out, dynamic compression as found online dr.loudness-war.info/album/list?artist=A...ith&album=Get+a+grip shows the issue clearly. So I'm going to get the vinyl version from a friend and compare. I've found that when the source is clean, these speakers sound amazing. I always wonder how a Triton 2 would compare with a 5 or a 7 due to the larger midrange drivers. Not concerned about bass, as I still use subs for that, but more interested in midrange differences.
7.1 today, moving to 7.1.4 tomorrow
(2) Triton Two - front mains
(1) Sat 60C - center
(2) Sat 50s - sides
(2) Sat 50s - rear
(2) DIY 18" Stereo Integrity subs, 1100w each
The following user(s) said Thank You: WayneWilmeth

• Eric Tichi's Avatar Offline
    • Thank you received: 76
Eric Tichi Posted 8 years 7 months ago
Get a DDRC-88A. It will make them sound twice as good.
Play it loud.

Emotiva UMC-200
Parasound A21
Parasound A23
Triton 5 L/R
SuperCenter XXL
Dayton 18 sealed (DIY)
The following user(s) said Thank You: WayneWilmeth

Moderators: Moderator
menu
close
Menu
person_outline
arrow_back