file House of GoldenEar

• rahmanim's Avatar Offline school
    • Thank you received: 6
  • arrow_drop_downMore arrow_drop_upLess
rahmanim Posted 10 years 5 months ago
Well, my house is finally ready to move into. I'm working with the GoldenEar dealer (IQ) to get the remaining pieces 4 more Sat 3 for the media room and a 5.1 setup in the family room.

Below is the breakdown of the equipment in each room:

Media Room:
=========
Receiver: Onkyo TX-NR5008
Center: Super Sat 50
Left and Right: Triton Two's
Surround: Super Sat 3
Surround Back: Super Sat 3
Front High & Wide: Super Sat 3
Blu-Ray Player: Oppo 93 (next to upgrade)
Game Console: PS3 250G

This room is coupled with a 110" screen with a Sony Projector. And yes, 11 speakers.

Family Room:
=========
Receiver: Integra 50.5
Center/Left/Right: Invisa HTR 7000
Surround: Invisa 650
Subwoofer: Forcefield 3

This room will have a 52" Sony XBR.

This will be a Sandy's House.

I want to say THANKS to GoldenEar for producing such a remarkable product at such an affordable price.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Moderator, Stan 2011, WayneWilmeth, Sloppy

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• anthem's Avatar Offline
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
    • Thank you received: 9175
anthem Posted 10 years 5 months ago
Looks like you have two great systems. A house full of Goldenears...doesn't get much better than that. ;)
D-Sonic m3a-600m Mono > McIntosh MC152 > Primaluna ProLogue Premium Preamp > Oppo UDP205 > Decware ZLC > Triton Reference > Isoacoustics Gaia 2 > Canare 4S11 Speaker Cables > Audience Forte 3, Anticable L3 & Shunyata Venom PC's

Every great performance deserves an Audience!

• WayneWilmeth's Avatar Offline
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
    • Thank you received: 7040
WayneWilmeth Posted 10 years 5 months ago
WOW, that setup looks awesome!!!!!
Please let us know how it sounds, how you like it and make us drool MORE!!!!!
God Bless,
Wayne
God bless the child that's got his own.

rahmanim Posted 10 years 3 months ago
Well, all the speakers are in and sound Awesome!!!!!!!! The HTR-7000's (L-C-R) and Invisa 650's (SR-SL) are a nice match with the ForceField 3 subwoofer in the living room.

I'm not able to run Audyssey as my audio system is in the basement and the mic that came with the receiver is not long enough. The dealer that installed them did run through an app he had on his phone to measure for the correct level, but I think it needs a good tuning. I have to turn up the receiver really loud (-15 db) to feel the speakers. Any suggestions are welcomed on any adjustments on the Integra dtr50.5 to help with not having to turn it up so loud.

The dealer is coming back to finish installing the projector and screen hopefully this week, so I will ask them as well.

That is all for now. I'll let you know how it goes with the media room once the projector and screen are installed.

• Moderator's Avatar Offline
    • Thank you received: 3416
Moderator Posted 10 years 3 months ago

I'm not able to run Audyssey as my audio system is in the basement and the mic that came with the receiver is not long enough. The dealer that installed them did run through an app he had on his phone to measure for the correct level, but I think it needs a good tuning.

OK, I'm guessing you're talking about the family room HTR 7000 x3, Invisa 650 and ForceField 3 with Integra system. No worries on not running the room EQ, generally not recommended anyway. Make sure the system has been setup correctly manually (all channels to Small, Sub to Yes, 80Hz crossover, distances measured and entered, volume calibration with sub level by ear/taste). When you say "feel" the speakers, I presume that means the bass, so perhaps the sub level is set too low (can't really set that with most meters, needs to be done by ear)?

Your dealer should not be "done" until you are happy with the installation and everything has been setup properly and sounds good. If not, he's got work to do for you still.

rahmanim Posted 10 years 3 months ago
I guess what I mean by "feel" the speakers is that I can't hear the voice clearly unless I get it into the -20 to -30 db range, then the voice is heard easier. I have all the crossovers set to 80 Hz including the LPE. I just wanted to know if there is a good sound pressure meter to use for actual measurement. I'm going to discuss with the dealer and see what they have.

Moderators: Moderator
menu
close
Menu
person_outline
arrow_back
You are here: Home Forum Clubhouse Write Your Own Review House of GoldenEar